From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse's Country Fried Steak is a sirloin steak that is coated with a light batter, fried, and served with a creamy gravy. This copycat Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Steak recipe enables you to enjoy country fried steak at home.
The steak is fried in a heavy cast iron skillet about 5 inches deep. This ensures that the steak will be fully submerged in the oil.
Start to finish: 30 - 45 minutes
Creative Commons image by dno1967b
|Offered by||Texas Roadhouse|
|Customer service phone||800-839-7623|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Sirloin, flour, vegetable oil|
|Similar to||Chicken fried steak|
Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Steak Ingredients
Country Fried Steak Ingredients
- 1/2 pound boneless sirloin steak, about 1/2" thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Steak Recipe
Country Fried Steak Recipe
- Flatten the sirloin to a thickness of about 1/4" and then cut into two pieces.
- Put the flour into a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the egg, buttermilk, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the steaks in the flour, then the egg mixture, and then again in the flour.
- In a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat about four inches of oil.
- Cook the steaks for about four minutes on each side, then drain on paper towels.
- Pour out all but two or three tablespoons of the meat drippings from the skillet.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour into the oil in order to make a roux.
- Cook for about two minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Gradually whisk in the milk.
- Cook for three to four minutes, stirring frequently, until the gravy is thick and bubbly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Spoon a generous amount of gravy over each steak and serve.
Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Steak Video
- In order to make your Texas Roadhouse Country Fried Steak more flavorful, sprinkle Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning on the steaks prior to dredging them in flour and the egg mixture.
- Use coffee instead of milk to make a Red Eye gravy, for those who want an alternative to a cream sauce.
- Country fried steak is traditionally served with mashed potatoes.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Red Chili, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion