From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Green Beans
Texas Roadhouse green beans recipes offer a hearty, filling and flavorful vegetable side dish. The dish is part of the restaurant's legendary sides menu that can be chosen to accompany most of the chain's entree meals and yeast rolls served with cinnamon butter.
The green beans can be easily replicated at home using canned green beans, a few seasonings and some bacon to add a flavorful punch to a holiday meal or nightly family meal. The Texas Roadhouse Green Beans recipe presented makes approximately four to five servings, but it can be easily adjusted to serve more, if needed. This dish can be prepared ahead and reheated. The Texas Roadhouse green beans can also be served at a picnic alongside fried chicken or a potluck meal.
Start to finish: 60 minutes (Active time: 15 minutes)
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Green beans, bacon, onions|
|Cooking method||Pan cooked|
|Similar to||KFC green beans|
Texas Roadhouse Green Beans Ingredients
- 4 ounces diced bacon
- 4 ounces onion (diced)
- 16 ounces canned green beans
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
Recipe adapted from Texas Roadhouse Restaurants' blog
Texas Roadhouse Green Beans Recipe
- Take 4 ounces of bacon and dice it until all pieces are consistent in size.
- Over medium heat, cook bacon until it it crispy and has a dark brown color.
- Add onions to bacon and cook until translucent. For a healthier dish, remove bacon and onions from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate, then drain out any oil in the skillet. Blot the top of the bacon and onions with a separate paper towel, then place the ingredients back onto the pan.
- Place 2 cups of water in a bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of black pepper to the water, then whisk to incorporate.
- Pour water mixture into medium skillet with bacon and onions, then add green beans.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Allow beans to simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to warm until ready to serve.
- Serve beans in a bowl, so a bit of the broth can be served with each scoop of beans.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Green Beans Video
- Opt for a name brand green bean, or a green bean variety that is already a family favorite for best results. Any form of bacon- pork, turkey or even vegetarian can work well to add flavor and a little texture to the dish. One pound of fresh green beans may also be substituted as long as they cooked in advance.
- To make the dish with ham, simply replace the bacon with diced ham and and proceed as above.
- If opting for a healthier bacon variety, a tablespoon of oil may be needed to help coat the beans and add an extra hint of flavor. For an extra treat, add a beef bullion cube to the water before boiling for an extra meaty green bean dish. A hint of heat can also be added with vinegar-pepper or red pepper flakes.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rice
- http://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu#Legendary Sides