From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Italian Dressing
Texas Roadhouse Italian dressing is used on the chain's Grilled Chicken Salad, Chicken Critter Salad and House Salad. The dressing features a tangy taste and is sweeter than store-bought Italian salad dressings. Learning to make this Texas Roadhouse Italian dressing recipe at home makes it easy to bring a taste of the restaurant home at a fraction of the cost. The dressing mixes up quickly and is made of common ingredients found in most kitchens.
|Flickr: Kent Wang|
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Served as||Salad condiment|
|Main ingredients||Oil, vinegar, sugar, eggs|
|Similar to||Logan's Roadhouse Italian dressing|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Texas Roadhouse Italian Dressing Ingredients
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons plain jello
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 small eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Texas Roadhouse Italian Dressing Recipe
- Place eggs in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove eggs from water, then plunge immediately into an ice water bath.
- Crack eggs into a medium-sized mixing bowl and beat until no separation is present.
- Add all other ingredients into the bowl.
- Mix ingredients with a hand mixer on low for 1 minute.
- Place bowl in refrigerator and chill for an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and drizzle over salad greens as desired.
- Store any leftover Italian dressing in a sealed container with a tight lid.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Italian Dressing Video
- Crafting the perfect copycat Texas Roadhouse Italian salad dressing requires coddling eggs to ensure they are safe to consume. While some recipes call for raw eggs, it is best to coddle them or substitute pasteurized eggs.
- If you use a liquid egg substitute, reduce the amount of water by 1/2 cup to ensure the finished dressing does not contain too much liquid.
- This recipe can be easily customized with cayenne pepper, black pepper, a greater variety of Italian seasonings or a different type of vinegar.
- The dressing is used on salads at Texas Roadhouse, but it also makes a great marinade for chicken. Simply prepare the recipe as normal, then pour over chicken thighs or breasts in a pan. Seal the pan with plastic wrap and allow it to marinate for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once prepared, the salad dressing will last for about week in the refrigerator.
- Make a lower-calorie version of this dressing by replacing the sugar with thawed apple juice concentrate.
- If you want to change the taste a bit, you could prepare a creamy version of this dressing by adding a bit of mayonnaise to the mixture.
- Try serving this dressing along with Olive Garden's House Salad and some homemade Texas Roadhouse Rolls for a first meal course.
Also See: How to Make KFC Bean Salad, How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing, How to Make Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Olive Garden Salad