From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork
The BBQ pulled pork meal at Texas Roadhouse is one of the restaurant's signature dishes. Fortunately, Texas Roadhouse has revealed their secret recipe for preparing their pulled pork so that home cooks can enjoy the meal when unable to go to the restaurant. Making this copycat Texas Roadhouse pulled pork recipe at home is not difficult, but it does take about 7 hours from beginning to end. The secret of the Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork recipe is the slow roasting time that enhances the flavor without making the meat dry or tough.
Start to finish: 7 hours (Active time: 15 minutes)
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Main ingredients||Pork, seasoning salt, bbq sauce|
|Similar to||Logan's Roadhouse pulled pork|
Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork Ingredients
- 6 pounds pork shoulder
- 2/3 cup pork seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon. black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hickory liquid smoke
- 3 cups Texas Roadhouse BBQ sauce
Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork Equipment
- Roasting pan
- Roasting grate
- Aluminum foil
- Small mixing bowl
Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork Recipe
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a large piece of aluminum foil on your counter.
- Place the pork shoulder in the middle of the aluminum foil with the fat side up.
- Mix the seasoning salt and black pepper together in a small mixing bowl.
- Take some of the seasoning mix and rub it into the meat. Continue rubbing the seasoning over the top and sides of the meat. Be sure to rub in the mixture, not just sprinkle it.
- Place a a grate in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Add one cup of water to the roasting pan.
- Pour hickory liquid smoke into the water mixture.
- Place seasoned pork shoulder onto the grate in the pan with the fat side up.
- Place aluminum foil over the top of the pan and seal well around the edges.
- Cook the meat for about 5 to 6 hours.
- Take the meat from the oven and pull it apart into about 3 sections.
- Allow the pork to cool slightly for about 15 minutes.
- Shred the meat into long strips with your fingers or with a long tinned fork.
- Heat the barbeque sauce until warm.
- Mix in the barbeque sauce and stir until all pieces are evenly covered.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork Tutorial
Recipe adapted from Texas Roadhouse Recipe for Pulled Pork as shared on WLUK.
This tender pork dish can be served immediately after preparation, or it can be warmed in a 350 degree oven for about 20 to 30 minutes. Pulled pork can be served as a stand-alone dish, can be served in a sandwich or can be served with a side of bread. The recipe can be modified with different BBQ sauces and seasoning rubs. Pulled pork is also enjoyable as a stand-alone meat without any sauce. When serving without a sauce, include it on the side for table-side customization.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rib Seasoning, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rice, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion