From Copycat Recipe Guide
Texas Roadhouse Sweet Potatoes with Honey Caramel Sauce
This Texas Roadhouse Sweet Potatoes with Honey Caramel Sauce recipe duplicates one of the restaurant's "Legendary Sides". The baked sweet potato is served with a sweet honey and marshmallow topping reminiscent of a sweet potato casserole typically served at Thanksgiving. This copycat Texas Roadhouse sweet potatoes recipe makes it easy to prepare and replicate the side dish at home. In addition to the sweet potatoes, the dish uses items commonly stocked in many home kitchens.
|Flickr: Micah Sittig|
|Customer service phone||800-TEX-ROAD|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Sweet potatoes|
|Similar to||Cracker Barrel sweet potato casserole|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Texas Roadhouse Sweet Potatoes with Honey Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- 2-4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Texas Roadhouse Sweet Potatoes with Honey Caramel Sauce Recipe
- Bake the Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Clean sweet potatoes with a scrubbing brush, then dry with a paper towel.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 30 to 45 minutes, depending upon the size.
- Use a clean pot holder or towel to squeeze the sweet potato slightly. When the potato yields to pressure, it is done.
- Make the Honey Caramel Sauce:
- Melt the butter on the stove or in the microwave.
- Mix the honey into the butter until it is fully incorporated.
- Whisk in the brown sugar for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until it dissolves.
- Set the sauce aside until ready to top the sweet potatoes
- Top the Potatoes with the Sauce:
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, then split them along the top with a knife length-wise.
- Open the sweet potato and fluff it out.
- Place 6 to 10 miniature marshmallows inside, then top with some honey caramel sauce. Be sure to drizzle the sauce over the upper areas of the potato as well.
- Top the sweet potato with about 5 more miniature marshmallows.
- Place back in the oven on broil for about 30 seconds to melt the marshmallows, or place in a toaster oven and toast the topping.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Sweet Potatoes with Honey Caramel Sauce Video
- To make this dish faster, cook the potatoes in the microwave instead of the oven. Poke holes in the sweet potatoes and microwave them for 13 to 15 minutes until tender. Then proceed as above.
- For a bit of savory flavor, add a little grated Parmesan and olive oil to the potatoes, then sprinkle with bacon bits and diced green onion.
- Serve this dish as loaded sweet potato skins. After baking the potatoes, carefully peel back the skins and remove the inside of the potatoes. Mix with buttermilk and paprika, then mash thoroughly. Fill the empty skins with the potato mixture and garnish as desired.
- If you're in a time crunch, use bottled caramel sauce as a quick substitute for the homemade honey caramel sauce.
- Sweet potatoes have a high fiber content and contain numerous vitamins. You can improve the health qualities of the Texas Roadhouse sweet potato recipe by reducing some of the ingredients, leaving off the marshmallows, or by using alternative ingredients such as a butter substitute.
- For a twist, you can leave off the toppings in this recipe and use the Texas Roadhouse cinnamon butter as a topping instead.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Killer Ribs, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rolls, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Margaritas, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Tater Skins, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Mashed Potatoes,How to Make a Bloomin' Onion