From Copycat Recipe Guide
Genghis Mongo BBQ Bowl
Genghis Grill's Mongo BBQ bowl offers a mixture of bell peppers, onions, and sliced beef seasoned with hints of citrus and garlic, then smothered with an Asian-inspired barbecue sauce. The bowl is easy to prepare at home and is suitable for lunch, dinner, or a special meal. While the Genghis Grill Mongo BBQ recipe calls for using a wok, cooks can substitute a flat grilling surface or large frying pan with sides. The best part about making the Mongo BBQ bowl at home is that you can prepare it any time you're in the mood for the dish, not just when you visit the restaurant.
As listed, the Genghis Grill Mongo BBQ bowl recipe above is designed for one portion.
|Flickr: The Listener|
|Customer service phone||1-888-GENGHIS|
|Served as||Main Dish|
|Main ingredients||Beef, bell peppers, onions|
|Cooking method||Stir fry|
|Similar to||Pepper beef|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Genghis Grill Mongo BBQ Bowl Ingredients
- 1/2 c. sliced beef
- 1/4 c. chopped onions
- 1/8 c. red bell peppers
- 1/8 c. green bell peppers
- 2 tbsp. Mongo BBQ sauce
- 4 oz. steamed rice
- 2 tsp. citrus garlic herb seasoning
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
Genghis Grill Mongo BBQ Bowl Recipe
- Slice the beef into equal pieces, then place it in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the citrus garlic herb seasoning over the beef and mix to incorporate. Set bowl aside and give the meat time to marinate fully.
- Prepare the onions and bell peppers by chopping them into equal slices.
- Heat the wok over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles in the pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons or enough oil to cover the bottom of the wok 1/2 inch deep.
- Coat the sides of the wok with oil. Try to cover the sides about halfway up. Allow the oil to heat for about a minute.
- Place the beef in the bottom of the wok. Stir and then allow the beef to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until no red is present. Remove the meat and set it aside.
- Place the red bell pepper, the green bell pepper, and onions into the wok and cook until onions turn translucent.
- Add the beef back to the vegetables, then pour the Mongo BBQ sauce over the top.
- Mix well and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Serve over steamed white or brown rice.
Genghis Grill Video
- Genghis Grill offers diners the ultimate in customized meals. Diners in the restaurant select their own combination of ingredients, or use printed recipe cards to select Genghis Grill suggested combinations. All bowls can be customized based on spice preferences and portion size. Limit the amount of ingredients based on the size of wok or frying pan you use. Bowls can offer a healthy meal option as portions and ingredients can be customized to almost any dietary requirements. Consider prepping ingredients in advance for a quick meal option.
Also See: How to Make a Genghis Grill Thai Chicken Bowl, How to Make a Genghis Grill Firecracker Bowl, How to Make a Genghis Grill Bowl of Seoul, How to Make a Genghis Grill Buddhist Bowl, How to Make Genghis Grill Roasted Tomato Sauce, How to Make Genghis Grill Khanzu Sauce, How to Make Genghis Grill Honey Soy Sauce, How to Make a Genghis Grill Special Fried Rice Bowl