From Copycat Recipe Guide
Applebee's Chipotle Lime Chicken
Applebee's is a popular restaurant that offers diners a wide variety of dishes in an atmosphere that's fun and family-friendly. With this Applebee's Chipotle Lime Chicken recipe, you can bring one of the chain's freshest, tastiest entrees into your home kitchen. The dish consists of a grilled chicken breast topped with a tasty chipotle lime salsa. In the restaurant, the Chipotle Lime Chicken is served with black bean and corn slaw as well as Southwest rice. The dish was created with Weight Watchers in mind, so it's a great entree to eat if you're looking for a low-calorie, healthy option.
Start to finish: 40 minutes
|Creative Commons image by The Consortium|
|Customer service phone||888-592-7753|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breast, chipotle chiles, lime|
|Cooking method||Grilling, baking|
|Similar to||Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Applebee's Chipotle Lime Chicken Ingredients
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 chipotle chiles, diced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
Applebee's Chipotle Lime Chicken Recipe
- Preheat your grill.
- In a bowl, mix together the lime juice, oil, diced chipotle peppers, garlic, and salt.
- Pour half the mixture into a resealable plastic bag and set aside the rest for using later.
- Add the chicken to the bag and allow it to marinade for at least fifteen minutes.
- Place the chicken on the grill and discard the used marinade.
- Grill the chicken for four to five minutes on each side.
- In a sauce pan over low heat, place reserved lime and chipotle mixture together.
- Add the honey and brush the chicken with this sauce.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce on top.
Applebee's Chipotle Lime Chicken Video
- While this recipe specifies using chicken breasts, you can easily use chicken thighs, which will take about the same amount of time to grill.
- The chipotle chili is a dried and smoked jalapeño pepper. It has a sweet, smoky flavor with a hint of chocolate and is often used in stews and sauces.
Also See: How to Make Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken, How to Make Vegan Applebees Spinach Pizza, How to Make Applebee's Perfect Margarita, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to make P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps