From Copycat Recipe Guide
Applebee's Cinnamon Apple Turnover
Applebee's is a very popular restaurant that offers diners a wide variety of appetizers, entrees, and desserts. With this Applebee's Cinnamon Apple Turnover recipe, you can bring one of the chain's most popular desserts into your home kitchen. The turnover consists of cinnamon-spiced apple slices swimming in a caramel sauce within a flaky crust topped off with honey cream cheese sauce and served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Serves: 4 to 6
Start to finish: 45 minutes
|Creative Commons image by The Consortium|
|Customer service phone||888-592-7753|
|Main ingredients||Apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, puff pastry|
|Similar to||Joe's Crab Shack Crabby Apple Crumble|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Applebee's Cinnamon Apple Turnover Ingredients
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 thawed sheet of puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Applebee's Cinnamon Apple Turnover Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the apple pieces, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn starch, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Mix in the applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Unfold the puffed pastry sheet.
- Cut the sheet into four to six squares, depending on the size of your sheet.
- Spoon the apple mixture into the center of each pastry square.
- Fold the squares from corner to corner, creating a triangle shape. Press the edges together in order to seal the turnover.
- Put the turnovers on the baking sheet, leaving about an inch between them.
- Use a brush to apply the melted butter to the top of each turnover.
- Bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Applebee's Cinnamon Apple Turnover Video
- Finish your Applebee's Cinnamon Apple Turnover off with a drizzle of honey cream cheese sauce and a side of vanilla ice cream to keep it as true to the restaurant's version as possible.
- Make a simple honey cream cheese sauce by blending 8 ounces of cream cheese with 1/3 cup honey. Once combined, add 3 or 4 tablespoons of milk and continue blending until the desired consistency is reached.
- You can also use Jonathan or Paula Red apples for this recipe. Any tart apple will work.
Also See: How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Crabby Apple Crumble, How to Make Boston Market Cinnamon Apples, How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake, How to Make Cinnabon Cream Cheese Frosting, How to Make Wendy's Frosty