From Copycat Recipe Guide
Applebee's Classic Patty Melt
At Applebee’s, diners can choose several classic burgers, including the Bacon Cheddar Cheeseburger. The restaurant chain used to offer Applebee’s Classic Patty Melt recipe, which included a warm burger served on toasted bread with two kinds of cheese and sautéed onions. Even though Applebee’s doesn’t sell the Classic Patty Melt anymore, you can still make one yourself by following this copycat recipe.
|Customer service phone||(888)592-7753|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Hamburger patty, Italian bread, swiss cheese, cheddar cheese|
|Similar to||Patty melt|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Applebee’s Classic Patty Melt Ingredients
- 1 hamburger patty
- Salt, pepper, and dried garlic to taste
- Melted butter
- 2 pieces of Italian bread
- 2 tbsp garlic mayonnaise
- Yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 2 slices each Swiss and Cheddar cheese
Applebee’s Classic Patty Melt Recipe
- Sprinkle the raw burger patty with salt, pepper, and garlic on both sides. Preheat an oven to broil.
- Lay the burger on a baking sheet and place it under the broiler. Cook for a few minutes on each side until the burger reaches the desired doneness. For medium doneness, broil for 4 minutes per side.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix the garlic mayonnaise with the mustard and spread on both sides of the Italian bread.
- Place the bread in the pan with the dry side down for a minute or so to coat with butter.
- Lay two slices of Swiss cheese on one bread half and the two slices of Cheddar on the other slice of bread.
- In a second pan, melt more butter over medium heat. Place the onion slices in the pan and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic. Saute for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Place the broiled burger patty on one slice of bread. Lay the sautéed onions on the other slice and then put the sandwich together. Serve.
How to Make a Patty Melt
- To make a complete meal, try serving the finished patty melt with either homemade potato wedges or cheese fries.
- For a heartier course, add a couple of slices of tomato and shredded lettuce before closing the sandwich.
- If you like, you can also add sauteed mushrooms along with onions.
Also See: How to Make Applebee's Chicken Fried Chicken, How to Make Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken, How to Make Applebee's Chipotle Lime Chicken, How to Make Applebee's Baked French Onion Soup, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza