From Copycat Recipe Guide
Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken
Applebee's fiesta lime chicken recipe, formally called the tequila lime chicken on the chain's menu, is one of the restaurant's signature entrees. Featuring a southwest flair, the grilled chicken dish is topped with a mild lime sauce, bountiful cheese and a Mexican-inspired ranch sauce. Uncovering the Applebees tequila lime chicken recipe allows home chefs to recreate this flavorful dish for a fraction of the cost of the restaurant dish and avoid waiting for an available table. Served with a side of seasoned rice and pico de gallo sauce, the dish can be prepared in about an hour. Enjoy Applebee's fiesta lime chicken when freshly prepared for optimal flavor. Leftovers can be stored in a refrigerator for about a week and should be heated in a microwave or in an oven.
|Customer service phone||888-59APPLE|
|Served as||Main Dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, cheese, sour cream|
|Cooking method||Grilling, broiling|
|Similar to||TGI Friday's Sizzling Chicken & Cheese|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken fillets
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crumbled
- 1 cup Monterey jack, colby, or mild cheddar cheese cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Teaspoons garlic
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 Hidden Valley fiesta ranch dips seasoning packet
Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe
- Clean chicken and rinse.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, water, lime juice, garlic smoked paprika, salt and ginger in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Opt for fresh lime juice over prepared lime juice for optimal flavor.
- Stir marinade until the salt dissolves in the liquid.
- Place chicken in marinade and ensure all sides are coated.
- Top bowl with plastic wrap and place in a refrigerator.
- Flip chicken in marinade after an hour.
- Remove chicken after a total of 2 hours marinading.
- Combine sour cream and the fiesta ranch seasoning packet in a small mixing bowl. Stir to incorporate the sauce. Refrigerate as needed.
- Preheat oven to a high broil.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Grill each chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until done.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet, then coat each with a layer of the dressing mixture.
- Top each chicken piece with a thick layer of shredded cheese. If you want to lower calories, minimize the amount of cheese used.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and broil for about 3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Plate chicken on a half-cup of tortilla strips.
- Serve chick with flavored rice and fresh pico de gallo.
- Garnish with lime wedges and parsley if desired.
How to Make Applebees Fiesta Lime Chicken Video
The secret to recreating Applebee's fiesta lime chicken at home is sufficient marination to flavor the chicken and a high grilling temperature to seal in the juices. This recipe is easily customized based on flavor preferences and dietary needs. Consider spicing up the chicken with a dash of Cayenne pepper or a Cajun spice blend. Lower the fat and calories by opting for fat free sour cream, reduced fat cheese and eliminating the tortilla strips. Consider marinating the chicken and preparing the sauce in advance to reduce the cooking time needed for a meal, but avoid marinating the chicken for more than 2 hours to avoid a mushy consistency.
Also See: How to Make Vegan Applebees Spinach Pizza, How to Make Applebee's Perfect Margarita, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to make P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps, How to Make Olive Garden Tuscan Chicken, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Chicken Critters, How to Make Carrabba's Chicken Bryan, How to Make Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken Salad