From Copycat Recipe Guide
Applebee's Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Hot spinach artichoke dip has long been a favorite at Applebees restaurants across the United States. While the casual dining restaurant has yet to divulge the precise recipe that they use in-house, it is possible to get quite close to the original appetizer by using a copycat recipe like the one here. Not for those watching their waistlines, Applebees hot spinach artichoke dip contains a blend of cheeses, Alfredo sauce, spinach, artichoke and spices that are baked in the oven. There are numerous dipping options, such as fresh bread, tortilla chips or crudites.
|Customer service phone||888-59APPLE|
|Served as||Appetizer or side dish|
|Main ingredients||Cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, Alfredo sauce|
|Similar to||Spinach artichoke dip|
Applebees Hot Spinach Dip Ingredients
- 1 can artichoke hearts, 14 ounces
- 1 package frozen spinach, 10 ounces, thawed and strained well
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 ounce plain cream cheese, left out to soften
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper to taste
- Dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco (optional)
Applebees Hot Spinach Dip Recipe
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together all of the ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the mixture into a square, 8x8 glass or metal baking dish.
- Cover with an oven-proof lid or aluminum foil and bake for about half an hour, or until the dip is bubbly and hot.
- Sprinkle with remaining Mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with slices of baguette or another type of bread, tortilla chips or sliced veggies.
Spinach Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
Applebees hot spinach artichoke dip may be served in a bread bowl instead of a traditional serving dish. To make the bread bowl, start out with a round loaf of bread. Use a large loaf for sharing, or smaller loaves to serve individual portions. Cut the top of the bread off in a circular shape, working at an angle towards the center of the loaf so that a cone shape comes out. Scoop out the insides of the loaf and fill with the hot artichoke spinach dip.
Also See: How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Vegan Applebees Spinach Pizza, How to Make Applebee's Perfect Margarita, How to Make TGI Friday's French Onion Soup, How to Make Joe's Crab Shack Stuffed Mushrooms