From Copycat Recipe Guide
Applebee's Pico de Gallo
Fans of Applebee’s appetizers can make their own meal starter at home with this simple Applebee's Pico de Gallo recipe. Fresh tomatoes, onions, jalapeño, cilantro and spices are combined with lime juice to create a spicy flavor, with a hint of citrus. At Applebee’s restaurants, the pico de gallo is served with tortilla chips. It also comes as a topping to entrees, such as chicken, fish and seafood. At home, the pico de gallo can be suited to any desired spice level, with the addition of fresh peppers, and used as an addition to your favorite recipes.
Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill and Bar is a casual dining restaurant, featuring American fare. The Applebee’s menu includes a large assortment of appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, entrees, desserts and alcoholic beverages.
Start to finish: 6 hours (Active time: 10 minutes)
Serves: 2 cups
|Flickr Error ( Invalid API Key (Key has expired) ): PhotoID 6971233930|
Flickr: In Paris Texas
|Customer service phone||888-592-7753|
|Main ingredients||Tomatoes, onions, jalapeño|
|Similar to||Red Lobster Shrimp Salsa|
Applebee's Pico de Gallo Ingredients
- 6 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 large red onions, diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Applebee's Pico de Gallo Recipe
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Allow the salsa to set in the refrigerator between 6 and 12 hours.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Pico de Gallo Recipe
- While white onions can be used in pico de gallo, Applebee’s pico de gallo recipe calls for the use of red onions exclusively.
- Add spice to the pico de gallo by adding peppers, like habanero or serrano.
- Prepare homemade tortilla chips by cutting corn tortillas into quarters. Then, fry the chips in corn or vegetable oil, over medium heat, until they are golden brown in color. Finish the chips by sprinkling them lightly with salt.
Also See: How to Make Applebee's Potato Twisters, How to Make Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken, How to Make Applebee's Chipotle Lime Chicken, How to Make Applebees Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip, How to Make Applebee's Perfect Margarita