From Copycat Recipe Guide
Applebee's Spinach Pizza
Applebee's Spinach Pizza, officially called the Veggie Patch Pizza, has long been a staple on the appetizer menu of this casual American restaurant chain. And now, you don't have to leave home to enjoy this delicious treat when you use the following Applebee's Spinach Pizza recipe. The pizza has a thin crust that is topped with spinach, mushrooms, and Italian cheeses. The Veggie Patch is hearty enough to be served as an entree, particularly when paired with a soup, side salad, or other appetizer from the Applebee's menu. The pizza requires a spinach dip, and you may wish to make more dip than the following recipe calls for and so you can serve it on its own with pita chips or veggie slices.
Start to finish: 1 hour
|Customer service phone||888-592-7753|
|Served as||Appetizer or entree|
|Main ingredients||Flour, spinach, artichoke, mushrooms, cheese|
|Cooking method||Saute, bake|
|Similar to||Vegetarian white pizza|
Applebee's Spinach Pizza Ingredients
- Butter, to grease pans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Ingredients
- 10 ounces chopped spinach, thawed
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 ounces Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Pepper, to taste
- Granulated garlic, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon shredded Romano
<p style="text-align:center"> Shop Over 750 New Items For Spring at SurLaTable.com!
Applebee's Spinach Pizza Recipe
Make the Pizza Crust
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Dissolve the sugar in the warm water.
- Sprinkle the fast-acting yeast over the water-and-sugar mixture.
- Allow the mixture to stand until foamy--approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, salt, and olive oil and combine.
- Knead the dough for about 6 to 8 minutes, until it's moderately stiff.
- Cover the allow the dough to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Grease two 12-inch pizza pans with butter.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Place each portion onto a pizza pan and work with it with your fingers until you can make it cover the entire pan.
- Bake for ten minutes, then remove and set aside.
Make the Toppings
- Turn the oven down to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the spinach and artichoke dip. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the spinach and artichoke mixture to a baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly.
- Turn the oven back up to 425F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Saute until tender.
Assemble the Pizza
- Brush the pizza crust with olive oil.
- Spread the cooked spinach and artichoke mixture onto the pizza crust, leaving about half an inch around the edge.
- Top with mushroom slices.
- Sprinkle diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and mozzarella.
- Bake for about 10 to 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Remove and sprinkle with Parmesan and Romano cheese.
- Slice and serve.
Applebee's Spinach Pizza Video
- While this dish is typically made with a thin pizza crust, you can use a flour tortilla as a fun alternative. Additionally, if you'd prefer to make one large pizza instead of personal pizzas, feel free to use a larger crust as a base for the pizza.
- Have fun with the toppings and experiment with adding other veggies such as red and yellow peppers, onions, and more.
- You can make your pizza dough a wheat one by using 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour instead of just all-purpose flour.
Also See: How to Make Applebee's Perfect Margarita, How to Make Vegan Applebees Spinach Pizza, How to Make TGI Friday's French Onion Soup, How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Rattlesnake Bites, How to Make Godfather's Chicago-Style Deep-Dish Pizza, How to Make a Pizzeria Uno Chicago Style Pizza