From Copycat Recipe Guide
Applebee's Potato Twisters
Applebee's is a casual restaurant that offers diners a wide variety of appetizers, entrees, and desserts. With this Applebee's Potato Twisters recipe, you can bring one of the chain's tastiest appetizers into your home kitchen. Potato Twisters can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish to nearly any meal or sandwich, such as Applebee's Chicken Fried Chicken. The restaurant serves their Potato Twisters with homemade pico de gallo and queso blanco sauce.
To get the spiraled effect of the Twisters as prepared by Applebees, you can use an Apple- Peeler-Corer-Slicer set on the thinnest setting. If you don't have an Apple Peeler-Corer-Slicer, use a mandolin, or a food processor with the thinnest blade.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Customer service phone||888-592-7753|
|Served as||Appetizer, side dish|
|Main ingredients||Potatoes, oil, salt|
|Cooking method||Deep frying|
|Similar to||Potato chips|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Applebee's Potato Twisters Ingredients
Queso Blanco Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces white American cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
Applebee's Potato Twisters Recipe
- Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 375F.
- Peel and slice the potatoes as thinly as possible.
- Place the slices directly into cold water after peeling until you're ready to fry them.
- Fry your slices in batches for about three to four minutes.
- Once the potato slices are golden brown, remove and drain them on a tray lined with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with pico de gallo and queso blanco (recipe below).
Queso Blano Recipe
- In a pan over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the jalapeno and onion to the pan and cook for about five minutes, until tender, then lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add the cheeses along with the half-and-half, stirring consistently until the mixture is completely blended and melted.
- Add the cilantro and mix together, then serve alongside the Potato Twisters.
Applebee's Potato Twisters Video
- If you'd rather make your own pico de gallo rather than serving store-bought, simply gather together four tomatoes, one medium onion, one jalapeno, a half-cup of chopped cilantro, salt and pepper, and a lime. Seed the tomatoes and then chop both the tomatoes and the onion coarsely. Squeeze the juice from the lime and combine all the ingredients together and enjoy!
- If you don't have a deep-fryer, you can fry your potato twisters in a skillet. Simply add a few inches of oil to a skillet and fry the potato slices.
Also See: How to Make Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken, How to Make Vegan Applebees Spinach Pizza, How to Make Applebee's Perfect Margarita, How to Make Applebee's Spinach Pizza, How to Make Applebee's Chipotle Lime Chicken, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion