From Copycat Recipe Guide
Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken Salad
Applebee's has replaced the Santa Fe Chicken Salad with a Fiesta Chopped Chicken Salad, so the only way to enjoy it is to make it yourself. This copycat version of the Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken Salad tops marinated chicken, pico de gallo, and Monterey Jack cheese with sour cream, guacamole, and Mexi-Ranch dressing to duplicate the original restaurant dish.
Start to finish: 8.5 hours (Active time: 30 minutes)
|Customer service phone||(888)592-7753|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Salad greens, grilled chicken breast, pico de gallo, ranch dressing|
|Similar to||Mexican chicken salad|
Applebee’s Santa Fe Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons gold tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups salad greens
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- Crumbled tortilla chips, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon guacamole
- 3 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
Applebee’s Santa Fe Chicken Salad Recipe
- Mix the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, fajita seasoning, jalapeno, salt, pepper, and garlic in a container. Lay the chicken breasts in the marinade and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, use a pair of kitchen tongs to take the chicken breasts out of the marinade. Preheat a grill and lay the chicken on it. Cook for five minutes, then turn and grill for 10 minutes more.
- Combine the ranch dressing with the taco seasoning. Set aside.
- After the chicken is cooked, place it on a plate to cool. Mix the salad greens with the shredded cheese.
- Top the salad with pico de gallo and crumbled tortilla chips over the top.
- Slice the cooled chicken into strips and lay on top of the salad.
- Serve the salad with the dressing on the side, along with the guacamole and the sour cream.
Healthy Santa Fe Chicken Salad Recipe
- Salsa can be used in place of the pico de gallo. Just make sure to drain it before adding it to the salad to keep from making the greens soggy.
- Add in Cheddar cheese for extra flavor.
- If you don’t like ranch dressing, you can combine mayonnaise with Italian dressing for a similar consistency.