From Copycat Recipe Guide
Auntie Anne's Pretzels
Auntie Anne’s is a chain of pretzel bakeries, specializing in pretzel products, dipping sauces, and beverages. The company was founded in 1988 by Anne and Jonas Beiler, and today has more than 1,200 locations worldwide. The Auntie Anne’s pretzel recipe is unique in that it has a sweeter taste and bread-like texture. The original flavor Auntie Anne's pretzel is served either salted or unsalted. Fans of Auntie Anne’s can make their own version of the soft pretzels at home with this simple to follow recipe. A variety of toppings can be added to the homemade pretzels to suit any taste.
Start to finish: 2 hours (Active time: 20 minutes)
|Flickr Error ( Invalid API Key (Key has expired) ): PhotoID 13551080664|
|Customer service phone||877-778-9588|
|Main ingredients||All-purpose flour, bread flour, yeast|
|Similar to||Domino's Breadsticks|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Auntie Anne’s Pretzels Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup bread flour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Coarse salt for topping
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Auntie Anne’s Pretzels Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, sprinkle the entire envelope of yeast over 1 1/2 cups of warm water. Stir and allow the yeast to dissolve.
- Add the sugar and salt, stirring the mixture thoroughly to dissolve.
- Add the flour to the mix, kneading the dough until it is smooth.
- Set the dough aside and allow it to rise for an hour.
- Spray an area of the counter or a cutting board with nonstick cooking spray.
- Turn the risen dough out onto the sprayed surface.
- Cut off strips of dough, measuring 1 1/2 inches wide and 8 inches long.
- Roll out the dough, moving from the center of the strip outward, to a thickness of 1/2 inch and length of 36 inches.
- Shape the pretzel by forming a “U” with the dough strip, crossing the ends over each other twice and pinching them to the bottom of the “U”.
- Create a baking soda water bath by combining 2 cups of warm water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda.
- Dip each pretzel into the baking soda solution and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Allow the pretzels to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake the pretzels for 10 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Brush the pretzels with melted butter.
- Sprinkle the pretzels with coarse salt.
How to Make an Auntie Anne's Pretzel at Home
- Auntie Anne’s pretzels are available in Original, Cinnamon Sugar, Almond, Garlic, Pepperoni, Sour Cream &Onion, Jalapeño, Raisin, and Sesame flavors. You can create homemade versions of your favorite Auntie Anne’s Pretzel flavors by dipping the baked pretzels into coatings or by mixing ingredients directly into the dough.
- Serve the pretzels with warm dips, such as melted cheese, marinara sauce, caramel, sweet glaze, mustard, or cream cheese.
Also See: How to Make Pizza Hut Breadsticks, How to Make Domino's Breadsticks , How to Make Dominos Stuffed Cheesy Bread , How to Make Pizza Hut Cheese Sticks, How to Make Olive Garden Breadsticks, How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls