From Copycat Recipe Guide
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar and Grill Fried Chicken
This Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill fried chicken recipe yields a super-crispy rendition of this classic lunch and dinner dish. The eatery adds extra crunch to their chicken by using a matzo-meal crust instead of the traditional flour or breadcrumb coating. The restaurant, which is located in Las Vegas, Nevada, adds a trendy flavor by pairing the classic staple with a sauce made from hot wasabi and sweet honey.
|Customer service phone||702-736-0808|
|Served as||Main dish, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, eggs, flour, oil|
|Similar to||Extra-crunchy fried chicken|
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill Fried Chicken Ingredients
- Enough canola oil to deep fry
- 1 whole chicken, carved into pieces
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill Fried Chicken Recipe
- Heat the oil in a deep pot to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the water, salt and MSG for the marinade.
- Place the chicken in the mixture to marinate for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg whites with the milk.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the matzo, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper for the breading.
- Dip the chicken pieces one by one into the egg mixture, followed by the matzo mixture.
- Fry until the matzo coating is golden brown and there is no pink color left in the meat of the chicken.
- Drain off excess oil for a few minutes before serving.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- For the full Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill, serve with wasabi honey. You can easily make this at home by mixing 6 tablespoons honey with 2 cups of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of wasabi paste from a tube, 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil and salt to taste. Stir until blended. You may add more wasabi if you desire some extra heat.
Also See: How to Make Momofuku Noodle Bar Fried Chicken, How to Make Central Michel Richard Fried Chicken, How to Make P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps, How to Make KFC Extra Crispy Fried Chicken, How to Make Mama Dip's Kitchen Fried Chicken