From Copycat Recipe Guide
Bob Evans Chili
The Bob Evans chili recipe is a classic entree served at Bob Evans restaurants. Featuring the company's own sausage with kidney beans and diced tomatoes, the soup is prepared on the stovetop in just 25 minutes, which makes it a perfect weeknight dinner.
At Bob Evans locations, the restaurant's chili is available on the lunch and dinner menus as "Bob Evans Original Recipe Chili". The company also sells premade Bob Evans chili at grocery stores in a 12-ounce package.
Start to finish: 25 minutes (Active time: 25 minutes)
Wikimedia Commons: Billy Hathorn
|Customer service phone||800-272-7675|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Sausage, tomatoes, kidney beans|
|Similar to||Wendy's chili|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Bob Evans Chili Ingredients
- 16 ounces Bob Evans Original Recipe Sausage
- 1.25 ounces chili seasoning mix
- 14.5 ounces light red kidney beans
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with onions
Recipe adapted from Bob Evans' chili recipe
Bob Evans Chili Recipe
- In a medium saucepan, cook the sausage over medium heat until it is completely cooked.
- Add the chili seasoning, diced tomatoes, and kidney beans (with their juices) to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Ladle into six bowls and serve.
Bob Evans Chili Recipe Tutorial
- If you'd like to bulk up your chili, add crumbled bacon and ground beef to the slow cooker along with the sausage.
- To give the chili a spicier taste, switch the Original Recipe Sausage for Bob Evans Zesty Hot Sausage.
- Try garnishing your chili with shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream.
- For an even richer taste, prepare the chili the day before you plan to serve it. After cooking, let it cool completely, then store it in the refrigerator for the next day's lunch or dinner.
Slow Cooker Chili Recipe
While the original Bob Evans chili recipe calls for cooking on the stovetop, it is possible to cook the recipe in a slow cooker instead. You can convert a recipe for a slow cooker by reducing the liquid a bit and lengthening the cooking time. To make Bob Evans chili in a slow cooker, add all of the uncooked ingredients to the cooker at the same time. Turn the slow cooker on low heat and let the chili cook for 4 to 6 hours.