From Copycat Recipe Guide
California Pizza Kitchen Oriental Chicken Salad
The California Pizza Kitchen Oriental Chicken Salad recipe was originally part of the restaurant chain's Salad menu. Since then, the restaurant has replaced the Oriental Chicken Salad with California Pizza Kitchen Chinese Chicken Salad, which uses different ingredients. The only way to get a taste of the original CPK Oriental Chicken Salad recipe now is to learn how to make it for yourself! Using a mixture of lettuce, sliced chicken, hoisin sauce, and chow mein noodles, this salad definitely makes for a unique dish.
Start to finish: 1 hour 20 minutes (Active time: 45 minutes)
|Customer service phone||800-91-WECARE|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, chow mein noodles, iceberg lettuce, hoisin sauce|
|Similar to||Panera Bread Asian Sesame Chicken Salad|
California Pizza Kitchen Oriental Chicken Salad Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Olive oil
- 8 ounces chow mein noodles
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 1/3 cups green onions, sliced
California Pizza Kitchen Oriental Chicken Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups bottled hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 ounces red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
California Pizza Kitchen Oriental Chicken Salad Recipe
Prepare the Oriental Chicken Salad Dressing:
- Mix the hoisin sauce, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, and sriracha together in a small bowl
- Slowly add the olive oil and sesame oil and whisk to combine. Cover and set aside.
Prepare the Oriental Chicken Salad:
- Combine the teriyaki sauce with the garlic, ginger, and a few tablespoons of olive oil. Pour the mixture over the chicken and marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from marinade and grill over medium heat for 5 minutes or so per side, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Let the chicken cool to room temperature, then slice lengthwise.
- Mix the iceberg and romaine lettuce together. Add the carrots, sesame seeds, fresh herbs, and green onions.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the greens, then top with the sliced chicken and chow mein noodles. Serve.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
How to Make Oriental Chicken Salad
- If you'd like to create a truly homemade version of this salad, try your hand at preparing your own chow mein noodles. Pour vegetable oil into a large cooking pot and heat it until the oil reaches 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 8 ounces of angel hair pasta and fry for about 30 seconds, making sure to keep the pasta separated. Remove the pasta to a paper towel-lined cookie sheet to drain.
Also See: How to Make Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad, How to Make P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps