From Copycat Recipe Guide
Simply glancing at the Stuffed Pasta section of Carrabba’s menu is enough to make your mouth water. The restaurant’s lasagna dish is a hearty meal made with layers of Bolognese meat sauce, luscious cheeses and pasta. At the restaurant, this entree is served with a choice of homemade soup or a side salad. While making lasagna can be time consuming as the sauce alone can take up to two hours, with a little advance preparation you can treat your family to an authentic Italian dinner with this Carrabba’s Lasagna recipe.
Start to finish: 3 ½ hours (active time: 45 minutes)
|Customer service phone||813-288-8286|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Pasta, ground beef, marinara sauce, cheese|
|Similar to||Olive Garden Lasagna Classico|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Carrabba’s Lasagna Ingredients
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
Carrabba's Bolognese Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 28-ounce can tomato puree
- 12 ounces can tomato paste
- 15 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Carrabba’s Lasagna Recipe
Carrabba's Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- In a large skillet over high heat, cook the onion in a tablespoon on olive oil until it is translucent.
- Add the ground beef and sausage breaking the sausage up with the back of a wooden spoon, cook until it is browned.
- Drain the excess fat from the meat and set it aside.
- Saute garlic and red pepper in olive oil.
- Add the oregano, parsley, basil, marjoram, and salt; Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and sugar.
- Add the ground beef and sausage mixture to the sauce and stir.
- Bring sauce to a simmer, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
How to Assemble Carrabba's Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Fill a large pot with water and add salt to the water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil, and add the dry lasagna.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente.
- Remove pasta from the water and lay them out on a baking sheet so they do not stick to one another.
- Add Parmesan, ricotta, and Romano cheeses to a mixing bowl along with the eggs and stir.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish to coat it evenly.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over the sauce.
- Spread ½ cup of the cheese mixture onto the noodles, then add 3/4 cup meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the layer with 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Place 3 more noodles on the lasagna, repeat layering process until all noodles have been used.
- Top lasagna with 1 cup of sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an hour in the oven.
- Allow the lasagna to sit for 20 minutes before serving.
How to Make Classic Italian Lasagna
- You can simplify this recipe and shave your prep time considerably by purchasing your favorite jarred pasta sauce at the grocery store. If you are in a hurry, you can also purchase no-cook lasagna noodles and eliminate the need to boil the pasta in advance.
- This is a great dish to serve at a dinner party because the entire dish can be prepared in advance. Store your prepared lasagna in the refrigerator for up to 2 days once it is assembled. Some chefs prefer to make this dish in advance, claiming that the additional “rest” time actually allows the flavors to meld.
Also See: How to Make Carrabba's Chicken Bryan, How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Bread, How to Make Carrabba's Pizza Dough, How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Pie Crust, How to Make Carrabba's Sesame Seed Shortbread Cookies, How to Make Olive Garden Lasagna Classico