From Copycat Recipe Guide
Carrabba's Sesame Seed Shortbread Cookies
Home bakers can learn how to make Carrabba’s Sesame Seed Shortbread Cookies recipe by using a few staple ingredients, including flour, sugar, and eggs. According to the restaurant’s official recipe, these cookies are often served around the holidays, but cooks can make them for any occasion during the year.
|Customer service phone||(800)354-1416|
|Main ingredients||Flour, sugar, shortening|
|Similar to||Shortbread cookies|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Carrabba’s Sesame Seed Shortbread Cookies Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 drops anise oil (optional)
- 3/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
Carrabba’s Sesame Seed Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a sifter to combine flour, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add in the vegetable shortening gradually. Use your fingers to combine the shortening evenly, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Use a beater to add the eggs, milk, vanilla, and anise oil until the dough is moist. You can add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Take a small portion of the dough and use a rolling pin to roll it out to a ½-inch diameter cylinder.
- Lay the toasted sesame seeds on a large piece of waxed paper. Roll the dough circle in the seeds to cover it completely with seeds.
- Cut the dough into 1 ½ inch diagonal pieces.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the cookies on it. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Once the cookies are golden brown, they are done.
- Lay them on a cooling rack, then store them in an airtight container.
Shortbread Cookie Recipe
- To toast sesame seeds, lay them on a baking sheet and cook them in a 275-degree oven for about five minutes. Cooks can also toast sesame seeds by heating them in a dry saucepan over medium heat.
- If you'd prefer a more nutty flavor on your shortbread cookies, replace the toasted sesame seeds with a pecan half. Lay one whole pecan half on top of each cookie after shaping, then sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar and bake as usual.
- Add another flavor by dipping one edge of each cookie in melted chocolate. Chop up six ounces of semisweet chocolate and then microwave it for 30 seconds on high in a glass bowl. Stir the chocolate well and then dip one corner of each cookie in the chocolate. Lay the cookies on wax paper and let them dry completely.
Also See: How to Make Carrabba's Pizza Dough, How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Pie Crust, How to Make Carrabba's Mamma's Bread, How to Make Girl Scout Samoa Cookies, How to Make Girl Scout Tagalongs, How to Make Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, How to Make Girl Scout Trefoils, How to Make Subway Cookies