From Copycat Recipe Guide
Central Michel Richard Fried Chicken
Central Michel Richard's fried chicken recipe earned top accolades from Food and Wine magazine's food critics. This Washington DC-based eatery is just one of chef Michel Richard's restaurants, and serves comfort food, which is in contrast to the fine French cuisine he's known for. This fried chicken is extra crispy, and is served in a bucket. Central serves this dish to go, but fans can make a similar fried chicken in their home kitchens.
The chef has stated that his recipe was inspired by KFC.
|Customer service phone||202-626-0015|
|Served as||Main dish, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, eggs, bread crumbs, stock, milk|
|Similar to||Crispy fried chicken|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Central Michel Richard Fried Chicken Ingredients
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 whole chicken, carved into 8 parts
- Raw chicken shavings
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups day-old bread crumbs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Central Michel Richard Fried Chicken Recipe
- Pour enough oil to cover the chicken pieces into a tall pot, leaving enough room at the top to avoid spillage.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a blender or a food processor, combine the raw chicken shavings, the chicken stock and the milk to make a "chicken mayonnaise."
- Coat each piece of chicken with this mixture.
- Pour the bread crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Whisk the egg whites in another shallow dish.
- Coat each piece of chicken with the "chicken mayonnaise" mixture.
- Dredge a piece of chicken in the eggs, and then into the bread crumbs.
- Place the chicken into the hot oil.
- Continue with each piece.
- Fry until the chicken is cooked through the middle.
- Allow to drain, then serve.
Maple Dijon Dipping Sauce
- To emulate Central Michel Richard fried chicken, serve with mashed potatoes made with plenty of butter. For the full experience, use paper or cardboard buckets as serving dishes.
- Central Michel Richards also offers a creamy dijon sauce with their chicken. You can make your own by mixing equal parts dijon mustard and plain yogurt.
Also See: How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Milanese, How to Make KFC Coleslaw, How to Make KFC Original Recipe Fried Chicken, How to Make KFC Extra Crispy Fried Chicken, How to Make Pies-N-Thighs Fried Chicken