From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake costs more than $45 if you order it from the company, but with this Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake recipe you can make a very similar version in your kitchen at home. Just like the restaurant cake, this dessert has a chocolate macaroon crust layered with coconut cheesecake with chocolate chunks and topped with coconut custard, whipped cream, shredded coconut and chocolate shavings.
This is a fairly complex dessert, and there are many steps in the preparation process. However, the result is an impressive, upscale dessert that will wow friends and family at special occasions. In addition, the steps themselves are all pretty simple.
Start to finish: 8 hours (Active time: 75 minutes )
Flickr: Charles Williams
|Offered by||The Cheesecake Factory|
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Chocolate, cream cheese, coconut, macaroons, eggs|
|Similar to||Coconut Cream Cheesecake with chocolate|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake Ingredients
- Filling for Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake
- 15 chocolate chip macaroons, crushed
- 15 chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut topping
- Chocolate shavings
- Whipped cream topping
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Coconut Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup melted butter with chocolate wafers, and mix together with your hands.
- In a separate bowl, repeat the process with the macaroons and the rest of the melted butter.
- Press the chocolate cookie mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Press the macaroon mixture on top, going up the sides slightly.
- Make the filling, stirring in the chocolate chunks at the end.
- Pour into the crust and bake for 55-65 minutes or until center is on the firm side.
- Refrigerate until chilled through, about five to six hours.
- To start the custard, mix the cornstarch and 1/4 cup whole milk in a small bowl until dissolved.
- Mix the rest of the milk, vanilla and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, and heat on medium.
- Beat the egg yolks lightly.
- When milk is heated, add cornstarch mixture and heat until thickened.
- Add a small amount of hot mixture to the egg yolks, whisk, and then whisk the entire cornstarch mixture into the pan.
- Pour into a bowl, stir in shredded coconut, and cool in the refrigerator.
- Top cheesecake with custard, toasted caramel and chocolate shavings.
- Garnish with whipped cream just before serving.
Coconut Cheesecake Delight
- To simplify the recipe, consider forgoing the coconut custard. Simply add 1 cup of shredded coconut to whipped cream topping and cover the cake with the mixture instead.
- Add to the recipe by sprinkling some almond slivers on top, if desired.
- Make the toasted coconut yourself by spreading shredded coconut on a baking sheet and baking at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes.
Also See: How to Make Cheesecake Factory Dulce de Leche Caramel Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Lemon Raspberry Cream Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Brownie Sundae Cheesecake