From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory prides itself on its cheesecakes--after all, the restaurant is named after this delicious dessert! Now, with Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake recipe, you can recreate one of the chain's offerings at home. The recipe is quite straight-forward, so even the most basic cook should be able to have delicious results.
Start to finish: 2 hours, plus chilling time
|Flickr: Kim Joar|
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Chocolate cookie crumbs, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, chocolate|
|Similar to||Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake|
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Ingredients
For the Chocolate Crust
- 4 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 cup unsalted butter
For the Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1/2 recipe for Cheesecake Factory cheesecake filling
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
For Chocolate Mousse
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Shaved semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, as garnish.
- Whipped cream, aerosol or homemade, as garnish.
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake Recipe
Make the Chocolate Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Remove the butter from the heat.
- Add the chocolate cookie crumbs to the butter and stir until all the crumbs are coated.
- Press the cookie crumb mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake crust for 8-10 minutes; then remove from oven and cool completely.
Make the Chocolate Cheesecake
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the semisweet chocolate.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling as directed, then add the melted chocolate to it, stirring so that it is fully combined.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust-lined pan and bake according to the original instructions.
Make the Chocolate Mousse
- In a small bowl, pour gelatin into the cold water and let it stand for a minute or two until it becomes soft, or “blooms.” Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and cocoa; Add the whipping cream and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture while scraping the bottom of bowl occasionally.
- When the mixture has thickened, add the dissolved gelatin and beat until well blended.
- Cool the chocolate mousse in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the cake.
Assemble the Cake
- When the chocolate cheesecake has cooled, use a spatula to spread the chocolate mousse on top of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle shaved chocolate on the mousse and spray aerosol whipping cream on cake slices before serving.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Chocolate Mousse in Five Minutes
- The best way to make clean slices of your Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake is to warm the knife by running it under lukewarm water and drying it with a paper towel before you cut each slice. The water helps to warm the knife, providing a smooth slice. Cleaning and drying the knife between slices may seem tedious, but the resulting “neat” slices are worth the effort. To expedite this process, keep a tall glass of warm water and a paper towel on hand while serving your cheesecake.
Also See: How to Make Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Snickers Bar Chunks and Cheesecake,