From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake
Vanilla mascarpone mousse studded with chocolate rests on tiers of fudge cake and chocolate cheesecake in this elegant confection. The Cheesecake Factory has created the perfect dessert for a black-tie affair with their Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake. As with all layered desserts, this cheesecake does take time to prepare. However, it is not as difficult to make as it seems since the bottom two layers are baked together and then topped with the mousse and ganache once cooled. Regardless, you’ll want to prepare our Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake recipe a day ahead so you have plenty of time to relax before your next formal dinner party.
Start to finish: 3 hours
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Butter, cocoa, cream cheese, mascarpone, chocolate|
|Similar to||Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake|
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake Ingredients
For the Chocolate Crust
- 4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1/2 recipe for Cheesecake Factory cheesecake filling
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
For the Fudge Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Vanilla Mascarpone Mousse
- 1 cup white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped to the size of mini chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 lb. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. heavy cream
Cheesecake Factory Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake Recipe
Make the Chocolate Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and sugar together.
- Remove the sugar mixture from the heat and add the cookie crumbs; stir to combine.
- Press the cookie crumb mixture onto the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes, remove from oven and cool completely.
Make the Fudge Cake and the Chocolate Cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan containing the crust and set aside.
- Then: in a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt the chocolate.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling as directed and add the melted chocolate to the filling ingredients.
- Stir the cheesecake and chocolate mixture until it is well incorporated.
- Gently pour the cheesecake batter on top of the fudge cake batter in the springform pan.
- Bake cake for 45 minutes, or until the top begins to brown.
- Cool the cake to room temperature and then refrigerate it while you prepare the mousse and ganache.
Make the Vanilla Mascarpone Mousse
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate and mascarpone together, stirring occasionally to combine.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream to medium stiff peaks.
- Add the heavy cream into the chocolate mixture. Work quickly as the white chocolate could become grainy if it cools before the cream is fully incorporated. 
- Gently fold the chocolate pieces into the mousse and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Make the Chocolate Ganache
- In a medium saucepan, scald the cream.
- Place the chocolate chips in a bowl and add the cream slowly to it, stirring until the chips are melted and the ganache is smooth and glossy.
Assembling the Cake
- The first two layers of your cake are already assembled in the springform pan, which has been cooling in the refrigerator.
- Using a spatula, spread the vanilla mascarpone mousse on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Finish the cake by smoothing a layer of chocolate ganache on top of the vanilla mascapone mousse.
- Place the cheesecake into the refrigerator for at least two hour before serving.
Methods for Melting Chocolate
- You can decrease the preparation time of this recipe by using a store-bought chocolate cake mix. Simply use ½ of the cake mixture and adjust the other ingredients accordingly.
- To add drama to your dessert presentation, spray a tall mound of aerosol whipping cream on the top of each slice of cake.
- Mascarpone cheese originated in the Lombardy region of Italy. Mascarpone can be found in densities ranging from soft, clotted-cream style cheese to a more butter-like cream cheese consistency. A delicate, versatile cheese, mascarpone is often served alongside fruit or used in baking.
Also See: How to Make Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel Cheesecake, How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Hershey's Chocolate Bar Cheesecake