From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake
This Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake recipe yields a luxurious chocolate delight with four layers of cocoa-flavored bliss. While more layers do mean more time in the kitchen than with a traditional cheesecake, the rich, sweet results are sure to impress friends and family at special occasions.
Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake begins with a layer of Godiva chocolate flourless cake, followed by a thick spread of Godiva chocolate cheesecake filling. The filling is topped with Godiva chocolate mousse, and finished with a layer of ganache made with even more Godiva chocolate. The only non-Godiva element in this dessert is the optional whipped cream topping.
Start to finish: 6 hours (Active time: 75 minutes)
|Flickr Error ( SSL is required ): PhotoID 3616171361|
Flickr: Joel Kramer
|Offered by||The Cheesecake Factory|
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Godiva chocolate, flour, eggs, cream cheese, butter, cream|
|Cooking method||Baking, simmering|
|Similar to||4-layer chocolate cheesecake|
Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake Chocolate Cake Ingredients
Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake Cheesecake Filling Ingredients
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Godiva melting chocolate
Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups Godiva melting chocolate
- 14 ounces cold heavy cream
Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake Ganache Ingredients
- 1 cup Godiva melting chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake Toppings
- 1 square of Godiva chocolate for each slice (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Melt the chocolate, vanilla, and butter for the flourless cake in a double boiler.
- Beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until frothy. Gradually add remaining sugar, and beat to a stiff peak.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Start the cheesecake filling by melting the chocolate in a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Beat remaining ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan; carefully top with cheesecake batter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until firm.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Make the mousse by melting the chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat to cool.
- Beat the cream until somewhat thick. Beat in the melted chocolate until soft peaks form.
- Layer the mousse over the top of the cheesecake and chill.
- Start the ganache by adding the chocolate and butter to a food processor.
- Boil the cream with the sugar.
- Add the cream mixture to the food processor, add vanilla, and and process.
- Refrigerate until the ganache is spreadable, then spread over the cake.
- Refrigerate until chilled through.
- Slice the cake into 12 equal servings.
- Top each slice with whipped cream and a chocolate square, and serve.
How to Make Chocolate Mousse
While the name of the dessert is Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, you do not have to use Godiva chocolate. The flavors will not match the restaurant version exactly, but it is unlikely that anyone will notice the difference if you substitute Hershey's or any other brand of semisweet chocolate chips.
Also See: How to Make Cheesecake Factory Brownie Sundae Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Snickers Bar Chunks and Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake