From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory takes customers “South of the Border” by incorporating Kahlua, the rum & coffee liqueur, into their signature restaurant cheesecake and sandwiching it between a rich chocolate brownie and a coffee-infused chocolate mousse.
Serve this Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake recipe with one of our coffee drinks or an espresso for a dessert that is “delicioso” as they say in Veracruz, Mexico, the home of Kahlua.
Start to finish: 3 hours
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Cream cheese, butter, eggs, cocoa|
|Similar to||Mocha Cheesecake|
Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake Ingredients
Filling ingredients for Cheesecake Factory cheesecake:
- 4 tablespoons Kahlua liqueur
For Chocolate Brownie Base
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
For Chocolate Mousse
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons espresso or strong coffee
Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake Recipe
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Make the cheesecake filling as directed and add the Kahlua to the filling ingredients before placing the batter into the springform pan.
- Follow the baking instructions of the original Cheesecake Factory recipe.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
Make the Chocolate Brownie Base
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit; Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and coat with cocoa.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar. Add eggs and stir until well-combined. Mix in the vanilla and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and beat until all ingredients are wet.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the brownie to cool completely in the pan, and invert it onto a wire cooling rack once it is fully cooled.
Make the Chocolate Mousse
- In a small bowl, pour gelatin into the cold water and let it stand for a minute or two until it is soft. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and cocoa; Add the whipping cream, vanilla, and espresso.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture and scrape bottom of bowl occasionally, until mixture is stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well blended.
- Place the chocolate mousse in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the cake.
Assembling the Cake
- Assemble the cake in the springform pan that was used to bake the cheesecake. This will allow the different layers to set without sliding around.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and place onto a flat surface, like a cutting board.
- Carefully put the chocolate brownie base layer into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Gently slide the cheesecake layer from the cutting board onto the brownie layer.
- Pour the chocolate mousse on top of the cheesecake layer; use a spatula to spread the mousse to the sides, creating a smooth surface.
- Place the cheesecake into the refrigerator for at least an hour so that the layers become firm and do not fall apart while serving.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Chocolate Mousse in Five Minutes
- Preparing three separate recipes from scratch for this cake may seems daunting. If so, you can easily substitute a store-bought, boxed brownie mix for the base. Be sure to cook your brownie in a round cake pan to simplify cake assembly.
- This Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake is very rich tasting and doesn’t need much adornment. Garnish your cheesecake with drizzled melted white chocolate, a dusting of confectioners sugar, or a dollop of whipped cream.
Also See: How to Make Cheesecake Factory Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Hershey’s Chocolate Bar Cheesecake