From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory takes customers “South of the Border” by incorporating Kahlua, the rum & coffee liqueur, into their signature restaurant cheesecake and sandwiching it between a rich chocolate brownie and a coffee-infused chocolate mousse.
Serve this Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake recipe with one of our coffee drinks or an espresso for a dessert that is “delicioso” as they say in Veracruz, Mexico, the home of Kahlua.
Start to finish: 3 hours
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Cream cheese, butter, eggs, cocoa|
|Similar to||Mocha Cheesecake|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake Ingredients
Filling ingredients for Cheesecake Factory cheesecake:
- 4 tablespoons Kahlua liqueur
For Chocolate Brownie Base
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
For Chocolate Mousse
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons espresso or strong coffee
Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake Recipe
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Make the cheesecake filling as directed and add the Kahlua to the filling ingredients before placing the batter into the springform pan.
- Follow the baking instructions of the original Cheesecake Factory recipe.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
Make the Chocolate Brownie Base
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit; Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and coat with cocoa.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and sugar. Add eggs and stir until well-combined. Mix in the vanilla and set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and beat until all ingredients are wet.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the brownie to cool completely in the pan, and invert it onto a wire cooling rack once it is fully cooled.
Make the Chocolate Mousse
- In a small bowl, pour gelatin into the cold water and let it stand for a minute or two until it is soft. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sugar and cocoa; Add the whipping cream, vanilla, and espresso.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture and scrape bottom of bowl occasionally, until mixture is stiff. Pour in gelatin mixture; beat until well blended.
- Place the chocolate mousse in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the cake.
Assembling the Cake
- Assemble the cake in the springform pan that was used to bake the cheesecake. This will allow the different layers to set without sliding around.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and place onto a flat surface, like a cutting board.
- Carefully put the chocolate brownie base layer into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Gently slide the cheesecake layer from the cutting board onto the brownie layer.
- Pour the chocolate mousse on top of the cheesecake layer; use a spatula to spread the mousse to the sides, creating a smooth surface.
- Place the cheesecake into the refrigerator for at least an hour so that the layers become firm and do not fall apart while serving.
Chocolate Mousse in Five Minutes
- Preparing three separate recipes from scratch for this cake may seems daunting. If so, you can easily substitute a store-bought, boxed brownie mix for the base. Be sure to cook your brownie in a round cake pan to simplify cake assembly.
- This Cheesecake Factory Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake is very rich tasting and doesn’t need much adornment. Garnish your cheesecake with drizzled melted white chocolate, a dusting of confectioners sugar, or a dollop of whipped cream.
Also See: How to Make Cheesecake Factory Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make a Starbucks Vanilla Latte, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Hershey's Chocolate Bar Cheesecake