From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Low Carb Cheesecake
It can be difficult to dine out at a restaurant when you are dieting. In today’s health-conscious society, more and more restaurants are adding low fat and low carb options to their menu. The Cheesecake Factory Low Carb Cheesecake recipe is a tasty choice for diners that are looking for a delicious dessert without the added sugar. Using Splenda, an artificial sweetener, in this cheesecake, the Cheesecake Factory has cut the carbs, yet maintained the flavor of their signature dessert. Artificial sweeteners are more readily available in grocery stores, with liquid versions that make baking with them much easier. The next time you are looking for a low carb dessert that still packs great flavor, try this Low Carb Cheesecake recipe.
Start to finish: 2 hours
|Offered by||The Cheesecake Factory|
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Cream cheese, sugar substitute, graham crackers, eggs,|
|Similar to||New York style light cheesecake|
Cheesecake Factory Low Carb Cheesecake Ingredients
For the Crust
- 1 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- 1 and 1/2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 and 1/3 cups of Splenda or other artificial sweetener
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
Cheesecake Factory Low Carb Cheesecake Recipe
Make the Crust
- Heat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a large shallow pan filled with 1/2-inch of water into the oven. The cheesecake pan will sit inside this pan to create a water bath.
- Wrap aluminum foil around the bottom of a greased, 10-inch springform pan (this will prevent leakage from the water bath).
- In a large bowl, mix the graham crackers, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Slowly pour in the butter and mix with hands until all crumbs are coated with butter.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the pan.
Make the Filling
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on low speed to beat the cream cheese.
- Slowly beat in Splenda, eggs, sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice.
- When the mixture is blended, pour it into the springform pan.
- Place the cheesecake pan into the water bath pan in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 60 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
Sugar Substitutes to Use When Cooking
- There are lots of new sugar substitutes on the market today. If you are not a fan of Splenda, try using a different sugar substitute, such as Agave Nectar or Stevia.
- To make a delicious low carb fruit topping for your cheesecake, mix a few tablespoons of sugar free strawberry jelly with a little water and stir until smooth. Pour the strawberry topping over your cheesecake for a little added flavor. (Try other sugar free fruit jellies too.)
Also See: How to Make Perkins Homestyle Apple Pie, How to Make Baker's Square French Apple Cream Cheese Pie , How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make Shari's Caramel Apple Pancakes , How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Tiramisu Cheesecake