From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Mexican Tortilla Salad
The Cheesecake Factory Mexican Tortilla Salad recipe allows you to make this lunch entree in your own home. Featuring a salad mix topped with grilled chicken breast, black beans, and fresh corn, this salad is versatile enough to serve as an appetizer or a main course.
At the Cheesecake Factory, guests can order the Mexican Tortilla Salad as part of the restaurant's Skinnylicious menu. To cut calories, the salad is served with a low-calorie vinaigrette dressing and avocado cream sauce.
Start to finish: 25 minutes (Active time: 25 minutes)
|Flickr: Robert Bahn|
|Customer service phone||800-330-CAKE|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Chicken breast, corn tortilla, lettuce, cheese|
|Similar to||Wendy's Taco Salad|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cheesecake Factory Mexican Tortilla Salad Ingredients
- 4 ounce chicken breast
- 1 corn tortilla
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 ounce cooked black beans
- 4 ounces lettuce mix, including Romaine and baby lettuce
- 3 ounces sliced red and green cabbage
- 2 ounces of grilled corn, cut into kernels
- 3 ounces French mustard vinaigrette dressing
- Salsa verde, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Avocado cream sauce, for garnish
- Pico de gallo, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Crispy tortilla strips, for garnish
Cheesecake Factory Mexican Tortilla Salad Recipe
- Pour about an inch of vegetable oil into a deep frying pan. Heat until at least 350 degrees.
- Use a pair of tongs to carefully lower the corn tortilla into the vegetable oil.
- Fry for about 1 minute, then remove from the oil and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium skillet, heat a little vegetable oil.
- Slice the chicken breast into equal size strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken pieces into the skillet and cook for a couple of minutes on each side until cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce mix, the cabbage mix, the grilled corn, chopped green onions (if desired), and cilantro leaves.
- Pour the French vinaigrette dressing on top and mix well.
- Pour some of the salsa verde into a serving bowl.
- Place the fried tortilla on top of the salsa, then top with black beans and chicken pieces.
- Add the lettuce mix on top.
- Garnish the salad with avocado cream sauce, salsa, and sour cream.
Recipe adapted from The Cheesecake Factory's Mexican Tortilla Salad recipe
Cheesecake Factory New Cheesecake Flavor
- To make a lighter version of this salad, leave off the dressing or omit the corn tortilla strips. You can also replace the sour cream for a low fat or free free version and add chopped apple.
- To save time, you can purchase a fried tortilla, rather than deep-frying your own for the salad.
How to Make Pico de Gallo
- Make your own pico de gallo by combining1/2 of a white onion and 2 cups of fresh tomatoes. Mix both together and add 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro. In traditional pico de gallo, diced jalapeno peppers are added to provide a bit of spice. If you wish, you can leave these out and season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
Also See: How to Make Wendy's Taco Salad, How to Make Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken Salad, How to Make California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad, How to Make Panera Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, How to Make Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad