From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake
This Cheesecake Factory Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake recipe is a modern take on a classic dessert that combines a traditional pineapple upside-down cake with the restaurant's signature cheesecake.
Start to finish: 4 hours and 15 minutes (Active time: 45 minutes)
|Offered by||The Cheesecake Factory|
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Cream cheese, butter, eggs, pineapple|
|Similar to||Pineapple Upside-Down Cake|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cheesecake Factory Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake Ingredients
- Filling for Cheesecake Factory cheesecake
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Ingredients
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup butter, softened, plus 1/2 cup, melted
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- Two 20-ounce cans pineapple slices in juice, drained well
Cheesecake Factory Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake Recipe
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Make the cheesecake filling as directed.
- Pour batter into the springform pan and slowly drizzle maraschino cherry juice on top; Use a knife to swirl cherry juice into the batter.
- Cook the cheesecake according to the directions outlined in the original recipe.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
Make the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit; Spray two 9-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray and cover with flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and rum and set aside.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture into the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Place ¾ cup brown sugar into each pan. Pour ¼ cup melted butter over the brown sugar. Arrange the pineapple slices over the brown sugar.
- Pour equal amounts of batter over the pineapple and bake for about 40-45 minutes. The cakes are done when a toothpick inserted in center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove cakes from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert the cakes onto wire racks to cool completely.
Assembling the Cake
- Place one layer of pineapple upside-down cake on a serving platter.
- Carefully place the cheesecake layer on top of the pineapple upside-down cake and top with the second pineapple upside-down cake layer.
- Cut cheesecake into slices and serve garnished with fresh whipped cream.
How to Cut a Fresh Pineapple
- You can use a moist yellow boxed cake in place of the “from scratch” recipe if you are pressed for time. Simply mix the batter as directed and pour batter on top of the brown sugar and pineapple slices before baking.
- Do not be intimidated by fresh pineapple. Although it looks spiky and tough, the flesh inside is sweet and easy to obtain once you’ve mastered the technique for cutting the fruit. Watch the video above to learn how to cut a pineapple for your Cheesecake Factory Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake.
Also See: How to Make Cheesecake Factory Pina Colada Cake Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Key Lime Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake, How to Make Applebee's Peach Sangria, How to Make Dominos Fiery Hawaiian Pizza