From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake combines moist chocolate cake, velvety caramel sauce, and chunks of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups with The Cheesecake Factory’s signature cheesecake enrobed in dark chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter frosting rosettes. Making the Cheesecake Factory Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake recipe takes some time and organization, but it is worth the effort.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups were created in the 1920s by Harry Burnett Reese. To this day, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups continue to rank among the top ten most popular chocolate bars worldwide and can be found in retail stores in countries all over the world.
|Offered by||The Cheesecake Factory|
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Cream cheese, Reese’s peanut butter cups, butter, eggs, flour|
|Similar to||Peanut Butter Cheesecake|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cheesecake Factory Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake Ingredients
For the Cheesecake
- Filling ingredients for Cheesecake Factory cheesecake
- 30 Reese’s mini peanut butter cups, cut into pieces
For Chocolate Cake
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. cocoa
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. sour cream
For Caramel Sauce
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 1 lb. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. heavy cream
For the Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/2 c. creamy-style peanut butter
- 3 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/6 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 – 1 ½ c. confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
You will also need extra peanut butter cups and peanut halves to sprinkle between layers during cake assembly.
Cheesecake Factory Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake Recipe
Make the Cheesecake Filling
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place 2 large shallow pans filled with 1/2 inch of water into the oven to create a water bath.
- Prepare 2 greased 9-inch springform pans by wrapping aluminum foil around the bottom of them to prevent leakage from the water bath.
- Prepare cheesecake according to the Original Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake directions.
- Stir in the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Divide batter between the springform pans.
- Place one cheesecake pan into each of the water baths in the oven.
- After 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Bake for another 35-40 minutes until the sides are set. The center should be slightly jiggly as it will firm up during cooling.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to cool for four hours or more.
Make the Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 9-inch round baking pans.
- In a small bowl, mix the sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in another bowl.
- Add half the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add remainder of flour mixture and mix the batter until it is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour half the batter into each of the prepared 9-inch pans.
- Bake cake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool round layers 10 - 15 minutes before loosening, then remove them from the pans, and cool completely.
- Freeze for 4 hours or more.
Make the Caramel Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and heat on low/medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
Make the Chocolate Ganache
- Scald the cream in a medium saucepan.
- Add the cream slowly to the chocolate chips and stir until the chips are melted and the ganache is smooth and glossy.
Make the Peanut Butter Frosting
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter with a hand mixer.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla. Mix.
- Slowly add the confectioner’s sugar while mixing until you’ve reached the desired consistency.
Assembling the Cake
- Remove the chilled cheesecakes from the springfoam pans; Remove the Chocolate Cake layers from the freezer.
- Top each layer of cake with caramel sauce, peanut halves and Reese’s peanut butter cup pieces.
- Return cakes to freezer until caramel is frozen.
- Place one layer of Chocolate Cake on a plate, then place one cheesecake layer on top of the chocolate cake layer.
- Repeat with remaining chocolate cake and cheesecake layers.
- Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and return it to the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and cover the entire cake with a crumb-coat of chocolate ganache to trap all loose crumbs before adding your final layer of ganache.
- Using a piping bag, create large rosettes around the circumference of the cake with the peanut butter frosting.
- Chill and serve.
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
As with other Cheesecake Factory layered cheesecakes, you’ll want to start baking a day or two before you serve this dessert.
There are two separate cake recipes, which both need to be chilled a few hours before assembling, in addition to the caramel sauce, ganache, and frosting. While it may seem like a lot of time spent in the kitchen, the majority of the time will be spent chilling the cakes. Once all the components are made, the cake can be assembled and finished fairly quickly.
Also See: How to Make Cheesecake Factory White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Caramel Pecan Turtle Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Snickers Bar Chunks and Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake