From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cheesecake Factory Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake recipe incorporates fresh wild blueberries into traditional graham-cracker crust cheesecake, topped with a healthy dose of white chocolate mousse. While the restaurant sells its cheesecakes whole or by the slice for take-home, there is no need to leave the house when you prepare this replica in your own kitchen.
Wild blueberries may not always be available at your local grocery store, but if they are out of season there is no need to worry. Simply use frozen wild blueberries, and your taste buds will probably never know the difference.
Start to finish: 3 hours 20 minutes (Active time: 1 hour 20 minutes)
|Flickr Error ( ): PhotoID 6912624515|
Flickr: Ted Eytan
|Offered by||Cheesecake Factory|
|Customer service phone||888-891-2429|
|Main ingredients||Cream cheese, blueberries, white chocolate, eggs, cream|
|Cooking method||Baking, simmering|
|Similar to||Blueberry cheesecake with white chocolate mousse|
Cheesecake Factory Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
- Ingredients and recipe for original Cheesecake Factory cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups wild blueberries
- 2 cups white chocolate, shaved
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Cheesecake Factory Wild Blueberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the blueberries with 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch until a thick syrup forms.
- Heat oven to 475 degrees. Prepare pan of water as directed in original cheesecake recipe, and place it in the oven.
- Make the cheesecake crust as directed, and press into pan.
- Make the cream cheese filling as directed. Pour half of it into the prepared crust.
- Top with blueberry syrup, then pour remaining cream cheese on top.
- Use a knife to swirl the blueberry syrup without scraping the crust at the bottom.
- Bake in the water bath for 10 minutes at 475, then reduce heat to 350 and bake for 50 minutes to an hour more.
- Turn the oven off and then open the door. Leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 30 minutes to let it cool slowly. Remove from oven and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Start the mousse by placing 1 cup of white chocolate into a large, heatproof bowl.
- Whisk the egg yolks and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl.
- Heat 1/4 cup cream to a simmer, then very gradually stir it into the egg mixture.
- Pour back into pan, and stir until it begins to coat the spoon.
- Strain through a sieve into the white chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- Whip 1 cup of cream to form stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mix in two batches.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve, top the cheesecake with the white chocolate mousse. Then sprinkle with remaining shaved white chocolate.
- Cut the cake into 12 slices and serve.
White Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Chocolate lovers who may not be satisfied with the white variety can use dark chocolate shavings instead of white chocolate ones.
- Use raspberries instead of blueberries for a raspberry white chocolate cheesecake.
- For a fast faux white chocolate mousse, mix equal parts cream cheese and cool whip with sugar and vanilla.
Also See: How to Make Perkins Homestyle Apple Pie, How to Make Baker's Square French Apple Cream Cheese Pie , How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make Shari's Caramel Apple Pancakes , How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake, How to Make Cheesecake Factory Tiramisu Cheesecake