From Copycat Recipe Guide
Chili's Baby Back Ribs
Fans of Chili’s ribs can prepare their own version at home with this simple Chili's Baby Back Ribs recipe. Chili's baby back ribs were first introduced to the Chili’s restaurant menu in 1986. The ribs are pork baby back ribs, cooked by slow-braising and then smoking the meat over pecan wood. At Chili's restaurants, the baby back ribs are served topped with a choice of Chili's Original BBQ Sauce, Shiner Brock BBQ sauce or Memphis Dry Rub.
The “I want my baby back” jingle featured in advertisements for Chili’s baby back ribs became one of the most recognized jingles in pop culture history.
Start to finish: 3.5 hours (Active time: 30 minutes)
|Flickr: Clotee Pridgen Allochuku|
|Customer service phone||1-800-983-4637|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Pork ribs and BBQ sauce|
|Cooking method||Braising, grilling|
|Similar to||Cracker Barrel Barbecue Pork|
Chili's Baby Back Ribs Ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid hickory smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 racks baby back ribs
Chili's Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- Prepare the barbecue sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- When the sauce comes to a boil, reduce the heat and allow the sauce to simmer over low heat for 45 minutes, stirring often.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Brush the barbecue sauce over both sides of each rack of ribs, coating the entire surface.
- Wrap each rack in aluminum foil, covering tightly.
- Bake the ribs for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until the meat begins to pull away from the ends of the bones.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Remove the foil from each rack of ribs. Grill each rack for 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Allow ribs to cool slightly before brushing with another coat of barbecue sauce.
Baked BBQ Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- If the weather does not permit grilling outdoors, the baby back ribs can be cooked in the oven at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 hours or until the meat begins to pull away from the edges.
- Serve the copycat Chili's Baby Back Ribs with a side of homestyle fries or another favorite side dish.
Also See: How To Make Chili's Shanghai Wings, How to Make Chili's Sweet Corn Soup, How to Make a Chili's Awesome Blossom, How To Make Texas Roadhouse Pulled Pork, How to Make Panera BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad