From Copycat Recipe Guide
Chili's Enchilada Soup
Chili’s restaurant menu features a number of southwestern style soups and salads, including this Chili’s Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe. The Enchilada Soup combines chicken with tomatoes, cheese and spices. At Chili’s, the soup is served topped with tortilla strips, cheese and house-made pico de gallo. If you enjoy this soup, you might like other Chili’s recipes, like Sweet Corn Soup.
Start to finish: 25 minutes (Active time: 15 minutes)
|Customer service phone||1-800-983-4637|
|Main ingredients||Chicken, cheese, tomatoes|
|Similar to||Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup|
Chili's Enchilada Soup Ingredients
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/8 pound American cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cubed
Chili's Enchilada Soup Recipe
- In a large pot, combine the oil, chicken base, onion and spices over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions for 5 minutes, until they are soft and translucent.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Masa Harina with 2 cups of water and stir until smooth.
- Pour the Masa Harina mixture into the sautéed onions and bring to a boil.
- Allow the mix to boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the remaining water into the pot.
- Add the tomatoes, allowing the mixture to return to a boil.
- Add the cheese to the soup, stirring occasionally until the cheese melts.
- Add the cooked chicken to the soup and heat thoroughly.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- If you prefer a more flavorful or spicy chicken in your soup, preseason your chicken with Southwestern spices and cook it in enchilada sauce before adding it to the soup.
- For a quicker version of the Chili’s Enchilada Soup, use southwestern flavored pre-cooked chicken strips, chopped into cubes. 
- Serve the chicken enchilada soup with your choice of tortilla strips, cheese, salsa, or sour cream.