From Copycat Recipe Guide
Chili’s is a casual dining restaurant chain, with more than 1400 locations in the United States and Canada. The restaurant specializes in American and Tex-Mex cuisine and offers a large variety of menu options, including Fajitas. The Chili’s Fajitas recipe uses steak, chicken or shrimp, grilled and blended with peppers and spices. The fajitas are served with warm flour tortillas, cheese, sour cream, and a house-made pico de gallo.  You can prepare Chili’s Fajitas at home by following this simple recipe.
Start to finish: 3 1/2 hours
|Customer service phone||800-983-4637|
|Served as||Main dish|
|Main ingredients||Steak or chicken, peppers and onions|
|Similar to||Alberto's Carne Asada Burrito|
Chili's Fajitas Marinade Ingredients
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Chili's Fajitas Ingredients
- 2 pounds sirloin steak or boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin
- flour tortillas
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Chili's Fajitas Recipe
- Prepare the marinade by combining the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, chili powder and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place the sirloin steak or chicken breasts in a plastic container with a lid or a freezer bag. Pour the marinade over the meat.
- Place the meat in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate from 2 to 8 hours, occasionally turning the meat in the marinade.
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Grill the meat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Slice the meat into thin strips. Wrap the sliced meat in aluminum foil to keep it warm and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion and bell peppers in the oil until they brown.
- Remove the onion and peppers from the heat.
- Pour the soy sauce and lime juice mixture over the onion and peppers.
- Add the meat to the pan with the onions and peppers.
- Sauté the meat and vegetables over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until hot.
- Serve the blend on warm flour tortillas with cheese, sour cream and pico de gallo.
Recipe by CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
How to Make Fajitas
- Serve the fajitas with rice, beans, and a side salad.
- The sirloin steak and chicken can be substituted with any of your favorite cuts of meat. Marinate and prepare the meat as you would the steak or chicken, then slice it thin.
- For a complete meal, serve the fajitas with other Chili’s recipes such as Enchilada Soup or Shanghai Wings.
Also See: How to Make Chili's Enchilada Soup , How To Make Chili's Shanghai Wings, How to Make Chili's Baby Back Ribs, How to Make Applebee's Pico de Gallo, How to Make Alberto's Carne Asada Burrito, How to Make Applebee's Santa Fe Chicken Salad