From Copycat Recipe Guide
Chili's Sweet Corn Soup
Chili's is a place where you can kick back, relax, and enjoy food that has a southwestern twist. But if you feel like just staying in and still want to enjoy your favorite Chili's items, give this Chili's Sweet Corn Soup recipe a shot. The vegetarian Sweet Corn Soup is one of the restaurant's most popular appetizer items. With its tantalizing flavors of corn, onion, and potato, it's sure to warm you up on the coldest of days.
Start to finish: 25 minutes
|Creative Commons user rob_rob2001|
|Customer service phone||800-983-4637|
|Served as||Soup, appetizer|
|Main ingredients||Corn, onions|
|Cooking method||Saute, blend|
|Similar to||Creamy sweet corn soup|
Chili's Sweet Corn Soup Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 15-ounce can of creamed corn
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
Chili's Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir occasionally while cooking until soft.
- Add the chicken stock, creamed corn, and potato to the pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer (uncovered) for about ten minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return blended soup to your saucepan and stir in the remaining cream, carrots, and corn.
- Cook on low heat until corn is tender.
- Serve the soup with the spring onion sprinkled on top.
Chili's Sweet Corn Soup Video
- Give your Chili's Sweet Corn Soup a twist by adding roasted chile, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, and/or diced avocado.
- Add some soy sauce and green chili sauce to give your Sweet Corn Soup an Asian flare.
Also See: How to Make T.G.I Friday's French Onion Soup, How to Make Red Lobster Wild Mushroom Soup, How to Make Olive Garden Minestrone Soup, How to Make Chili's Twisted Lemonade, How to Make a Chili's Awesome Blossom