From Copycat Recipe Guide
Preparing the dough for this Cinnabon Bites recipe takes a little time, but the satisfaction of baking your own cinnamon buns is results are worth the effort. Cinnabon uses their own brand of cinnamon, called Makara, in their pastries.  But you can achieve a similar taste in your baking by using Korintje cinnamon, which can be found in some grocery stores and online shops. Cinnabon Bites are exactly what their name implies, miniature cinnamon buns that are available in packages containing 4 to 6 bites. They are perfect for sharing with friends!
If you’re craving a sticky, sweet, cinnamon bun there is no better choice than Cinnabon. This bakery chain specializes in a variety of cinnamon infused treats, including their signature Cinnabon Classic Roll, Caramel Pecanbon, CinnaPacks, Cinnabon Bites, Minibon, and Cinnabon Stix.
Start to finish: 2 hours 45 minutes (active time: 45 minutes)
|Customer service phone||888-288-ROLL(7655)|
|Main ingredients||Flour, cinnamon, sugar|
|Similar to||Cinnamon buns|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cinnabon Bites Ingredients
- Dough recipe for Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons Korintje cinnamon
- 1 cup melted butter, divided
Cinnabon Bites Icing Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
<p style="text-align:center"> Shop Over 750 New Items For Spring at SurLaTable.com!
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Cinnabon Bites Recipe
- Prepare the dough according to the recipe instructions. (Steps 1 – 5) While the dough is rising, make the filling.
- To make the filling, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour.
- Separate the dough into four portions, and each portion to form a rectangle that is 4 x 7 inches.
- Brush 12 tablespoons of the melted butter and sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cinnamon filling on each of the four dough rectangle.
- Roll the dough rectangles in jellyroll fashion.
- Brush each roll with 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter and sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon of remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture. Slice each dough roll into 12 to 15 pieces.
- Spread the remaining butter over a large baking sheet with edges. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture over the butter. Place the dough slices close together in the pan.
- Allow the dough to rise for another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Allow to cool.
Cinnabon Bites Icing Recipe
- Prepare the icing in a small bowl by mixing the powdered sugar, melted butter or margarine and lemon juice until the icing is smooth.
- Spread the icing over the warm Cinnabon bites and serve.
A Cinnabon Montage
- An easy way to slice your cinnamon bites without flattening the sides is to use a piece of unflavored dental floss. First score the top of the roll where you would like to slice, then place the dental floss under the roll in that location, wrap the floss around the roll - crossing it at the top and pull until the floss cuts through the roll. This allows you to make thin, even slices required for these Cinnabon Bites.
- Korintje cinnamon (Cinnamomum burmanii), from Indonesia, is more sweet and mellow than Chinese cinnamon or Vietnamese cinnamon, two more commonly found spices. Cinnabon restaurants uses their own branded Makara cinnamon, while you can purchase Makara cinnamon online, it is only available in large quantities. Korintje is the cinnamon that tastes the most similar to Cinnabon’s Makara.
- Add chopped pecans or raisins to the filling before you roll up the dough to create pecan-raisin cinnamon bites.
- Replace the icing with cream cheese frosting, if desired.
- Be sure to keep an eye on the cinnamon bites while they are baking to ensure that they are not overcooked.
Also See: How to Make a Starbucks Salted Caramel Square, How to Make KFC Buttermilk Biscuits, How to Make Starbucks Pumpkin Scones, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake