From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbons
One of Cinnabon's stickiest, sweetest, and most decadent rolls is the Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbon. Starting with the Classic Cinnamon Bun as a base, this roll is then topped with a rich caramel glaze and studded with chopped pecans. You can recreate this bakery’s famous confection at home with this Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbons recipe. Do not be intimidated by the time allotted to make this recipe. As with most sweet dough recipes, this dough takes time to rise. This accounts for about 1 ½ hours of this recipe. Deduct the cooking time, and you are left with approximately 35 – 45 minutes of active time in the kitchen.
Cinnabon has been serving up its “World Famous Cinnamon Rolls” since co-founders Rich and Greg Komen opened their first Cinnabon bakery in 1985 at Sea Tac Mall in Seattle, Washington. With the motto, “Life Needs Frosting” Cinnabon offers a variety of sticky, sweet cinnamon buns on its menu.
Start to finish: 2 hours 45 minutes (active time: 45 minutes)
|Customer service phone||888-288-ROLL(7655)|
|Main ingredients||Flour, cinnamon|
|Similar to||Cinnamon buns|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbons Ingredients
- Dough recipe for Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons Korintje cinnamon
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter, divided
Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbons Icing Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbons Caramel Pecan Glaze Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
Cinnabon Cinnamon Caramel Pecanbons Recipe
- Complete the dough recipe for the Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls through step 5.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, and flour to make the cinnamon roll filling.
- Split the dough into two and then shape each piece into an 8 x 14 inch rectangle.
- Brush 1/4 cup of the melted butter and sprinkle 1 cup of the cinnamon filling on each dough rectangle.
- Roll each piece of dough up using the long ends until it resembles a jellyroll.
- Brush each roll with 1/8 cup of the remaining butter and sprinkle with the 1/8 cup of remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Slice each dough roll into 6 pieces.
- Spread the remaining butter over a large baking sheet with edges. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture over the butter. Place the dough slices close together in the pan.
- Allow the dough to rise for another 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350 F.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
- Allow to cool before applying icing or caramel-pecan glaze.
Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbon Icing Recipe
- In a small bowl, mix the confectioners' sugar, melted butter, and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
Cinnabon Caramel Pecanbon Caramel-Pecan Glaze Recipe
- In a saucepan combine the brown sugar, half and half, vanilla, and salt.
- Heat on medium heat while stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Remove caramel glaze from heat and stir in pecans.
- Spread the icing and then the caramel-pecan glaze over the warm Cinnabon rolls. Enjoy!
Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Commercial
- Cinnabon uses its own brand of cinnamon called, Makara. Some Cinnabon retail stores sell bottles of Makara cinnamon. However, if you aren't able to find Makara cinnamon, it is basically Korintje cinnamon (Cinnamomum burmanii), from Indonesia. Korintje cinnamon is sweeter and more mellow than Chinese or Vietnamese cinnamon, two more commonly found spices. You can find Korintje cinnamon in many grocery and specialty stores, and online.
- If you are a fan of cream cheese frosting, use this in place if the icing.
- Keep an eye on your cinnamon rolls while they are baking. You'll want to take them out of the oven when they are light brown and baked through.
- While this recipe takes a while to prepare, you can do most of the work in advance. Once you have sliced the rolls and placed them into your baking pan, place a piece of waxed paper over the rolls and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Remove the pan from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to bake.
Also See: How to Make Texas Roadhouse Cinnamon Butter, How to Make Cinnabon Minibons, How to Make Cinnabon Bites, How to Make a Texas Roadhouse Cactus Blossom, How to Make Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix, How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion