From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cinnabon Cream Cheese Frosting
Enjoy the sweet cream cheese topping found on Cinnabon's famous cinnamon rolls anytime by making this copycat Cinnabon Cream Cheese Frosting recipe at home. This frosting can be used with any type or brand of cinnamon buns, but it pairs particularly well with a copycat Cinnabon cinnamon roll. This icing recipe is extremely simple to make and does not require the use of any cooking skills. The ingredients are simply mixed together and then spread on the rolls, cakes, or pastries. The Cinnabon cream cheese frosting recipe is suitable for preparing with children under supervision as it can be a bit messy.
The idea of Cinnabon restaurants was born in 1985, when Rich and Greg Komen of Restaurants Unlimited set out on the quest to create the perfect cinnamon roll. After a few months, the two men found the perfect combination of ingredients and opened the first ever Cinnabon in Seattle, Washington. Now Cinnabon restaurants can be found throughout the nation, so the ideal cinnamon roll is never far when you need it. But the following copycat recipe is perfect for those times when a Cinnabon restaurant is far away and you're craving their Cream Cheese Frosting.
Creative Commons image by xxjoyceeyxx
|Customer service phone||888-288-7655|
|Served as||Breakfast or dessert topping|
|Main ingredients||Cream cheese, butter, sugar|
|Similar to||Cream cheese frosting|
Cinnabon Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 c. of butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3 c. of confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp. whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Cinnabon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Remove cream cheese from package and place in a bowl. Allow cream cheese to soften for about 15 minutes outside the refrigerator.
- Measure out butter into a measuring cup and allow to soften for 5 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with a hand mixer until the ingredients combine and start to cream.
- Slowly add in the confectioner's sugar and beat until smooth and frosty.
- Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon of whole milk into the mixing bowl.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
Cinnabon Baking Kit
- For an extra smooth texture, it's recommended that you use an electric mixer. If you prefer, you can simply beat the ingredients together by hand.
- The cream cheese frosting should be spread on the cinnamon rolls while they are still warm. In addition to cinnamon rolls, this frosting can be used on a variety of other pastries such as carrot cake or cupcakes.
- Other flavors can be added to the frosting if desired. For example, you can make chocolate cream cheese frosting by adding 4 ounces of unsweetened melted chocolate.
- Double the recipe and save in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- For a healthier version, use low-fat cream cheese, a butter substitute and exchange a liquid fat free creamer for whole milk.
Also See: How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, How to Make a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato, How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make KFC Buttermilk Biscuits