From Copycat Recipe Guide
Home chefs who enjoy working with pastry dough will appreciate having this Cinnabon Minibon recipe in their repertoire. While it takes time to prepare the dough, just imagine how satisfying it will be to serve Cinnabon Minibons to your family for a special breakfast.
Cinnabon bakeries have perfected the art of the cinnamon roll, and with this recipe, you can too. Smaller than the Classic Cinnamon Bun, the Minibon is the perfect size for snacking, without the guilt of overindulging.
Serves: Makes approximately 30 minibons
Start to finish: 2 hours 45 minutes (active time: 45 minutes)
|Customer service phone||888-288-ROLL(7655)|
|Main ingredients||Flour, cinnamon, butter|
|Similar to||Cinnamon minibuns|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cinnabon Minibon Ingredients
- Dough recipe for Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons Korintje cinnamon
- 1 cup melted butter, divided
Cinnabon Minibon Icing Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Cinnabon Minibon Recipe
- Follow the dough recipe for steps 1-5.
- Let dough rise for allotted time.
- Divide the dough into three parts.
- Use a rolling pin to stretch each piece of dough into a 6 x 12 inch rectangle.
- On each piece of dough, brush 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Follow up by sprinkling 1/2 cup of the filling over each rectangle of dough.
- Grab one dough rectangle by the long ends and roll it up like a jellyroll. Do the same with the other two rectangles.
- Brush each dough roll with butter.
- Sprinkle each dough roll with cinnamon filling.
- Lay the dough rolls down and slice them into 10 equal pieces.
- Use the butter that is left to grease a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon filling that is left on the buttered sheet.
- Place the dough slices next to one another on the baking sheet. (You may need to use more than one baking pan.)
- Leave the pan out and let the dough rise for about 35 minutes.
- While the rolls are rising, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the rolls for 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Let the rolls cool before applying icing.
Cinnabon Minibon Filling Recipe
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Let the filling rest until you are ready to use the dough.
Cinnabon Minibon Icing Recipe
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, melted butter, and lemon juice.
- Stir to mix well.
- When the rolls have cooled, spread the icing over them evenly.
25 Years of Minibons
- The best way to slice your cinnamon bites without flattening the sides is to use a piece of unflavored dental floss. First score the top of the roll where you would like to slice, then place the dental floss under the roll at the mark, wrap the floss around the roll and cross it on top. Pull the floss until it cuts through the roll. This allows you to make thin, even slices required for these Cinnabon Minibons.
- This recipe uses Korintje cinnamon (Cinnamomum burmanii), which is found in Indonesia and is similar in flavor to the Cinnabon brand, Makara. Korintje cinnamon is more sweet and mellow than cinnamon that is harvested in China and Vietnam.
- Use cream cheese frosting on place of icing, if desired.
- Do not overcook the minibons. They should be lightly browned, so the dough becomes light and airy and melts in your mouth.