From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cracker Barrel Apple Streusel French Toast
This Cracker Barrel Apple Streusel French Toast recipe is perfect for a hearty breakfast or even an after-dinner dessert. At the restaurant, customers can order this French toast from the Cracker Barrel breakfast menu all day, even in the evening. Making the bread from scratch takes a bit more time, but it produces a bread that has apple pieces baked inside, just like the kind served at Cracker Barrel restaurants.
Start to finish: 2 1/2 hours (Active time: 1 hour)
Flickr: Mike Mozart
|Offered by||Cracker Barrel|
|Customer service phone||800-333-9566|
|Served as||Breakfast, dessert|
|Main ingredients||French bread, apples, cinnamon, eggs|
|Similar to||French toast|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cracker Barrel Apple Streusel French Toast Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup diced apples
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
Cracker Barrel Apple Streusel French Toast Topping Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Cracker Barrel Apple Streusel French Toast Recipe
- In a large bowl, mix the Bisquick and flour together.
- Add in the brown sugar, 2 beaten eggs, apples, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Grease a small loaf pan and pour the batter into it.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until completely done in the middle.
- Remove the bread from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- While the bread is cooling, make the streusel topping.
- When the bread has cooled completely, remove it from the loaf pan and cut into nine slices.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk with the remaining 2 eggs.
- In a medium pan, melt the 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Dip each slice of apple bread in the egg and milk mixture. Turn to coat completely.
- Place the bread in the hot pan and cook for a couple of minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Top each slice with the streusel topping and additional melted butter, if desired.
Cracker Barrel Apple Streusel French Toast Topping Recipe
- In a small bowl, combine all of the streusel ingredients.
- Stir together until a crumbly mixture forms.
Cracker Barrel Original French Toast Recipe
- To serve the Apple Strudel French Toast the way cooks do at Cracker Barrel, pair it with two cooked eggs, and either bacon or smoked sausage patties.
- To save time, you can skip the diced apples and just use canned apple pie filling. If you do this, cut the amount of brown sugar from 1 cup to 1/2 cup.
Also See: How to Make Cheesecake Factory French Toast Napoleon, How to Make Panera Bread Cinnamon Raisin French Toast, How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake, How to Make Cracker Barrel Fried Apples, How to Make Cracker Barrel Southern Blackberry Cobbler