From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cracker Barrel Biscuits
The Cracker Barrel biscuit recipe provides a warm, buttery accompaniment to classic fried chicken or other meat-based entrees. While the Cracker Barrel biscuit recipe has not been published, you can create a light, fluffy biscuit that is similar. As with many Southern-style biscuit recipes, the Cracker Barrel biscuits contain buttermilk, which gives the biscuits their unique light and fluffy texture. The biscuits are best when served fresh out of the oven, but can be refrigerated and reheated in an oven. Consider topping with honey for a special dessert treat.
|Customer service phone||800-333-9566|
|Main ingredients||Flour, buttermilk|
|Similar to||Scalloped potatoes|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cracker Barrel Biscuit Ingredients
- 3 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2/3 cup shortening
Cracker Barrel Biscuit Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add Bisquick, sugar, and salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir gently. Consider using a sifter to ensure an even mixture.
- Create a hole, or well, in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Add buttermilk into the hole.
- Add the shortening to the bowl.
- Knead mixture with your hands until all ingredients are incorporated and the dough is elastic and smooth in texture. Some extra buttermilk may be needed to achieve the correct consistency.
- Flour a flat surface.
- Place the dough ball on the flat surface.
- Knead the ball for 5 minutes.
- Break the dough ball in half.
- Take one dough ball and flatten to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut out 9-10 biscuits with a cutter.
- Repeat the process with the other dough ball.
- Spread shortening in a thin layer over a baking sheet.
- Place biscuits onto the baking sheet. Putting the dough balls close together will make the final biscuits softer. Placing the dough balls farther apart will make them crispier.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until tops are lightly brown.
- Remove immediately, then brush the tops with butter.
How to Make Cracker Barrel Biscuits Video
This Cracker Barrel biscuit recipe is easy to make and can be increased or decreased based on the number of servings needed. Baked biscuits can be frozen after cooking and reheated easily in a toaster oven or microwave. Consider topping with honey, jelly or a favorite fruit jam for a special treat.