From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cracker Barrel Breakfast Sausage
This Cracker Barrel Breakfast Sausage recipe is a simple way to add a side dish to a hearty breakfast. Featuring ground pork, seasonings, and cornmeal, the dish is simple to prepare and quick to cook. At Cracker Barrel, customers receive one sausage patty with their breakfast, but with this homemade version, each person can have as many sausage patties as they like!
Start to finish: 1 hour 30 minutes
Wikimedia Commons: Nightscream
|Customer service phone||800-333-9566|
|Served as||Side dish; breakfast course|
|Main ingredients||Ground pork, brown sugar, cornmeal|
|Similar to||Pork sausage patties|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cracker Barrel Breakfast Sausage Ingredients
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- Oil, for frying
Recipe by CopycatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Cracker Barrel Breakfast Sausage Recipe
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, brown sugar, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Place the bowl into the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
- Remove the ground pork from the refrigerator.
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground pork until no pink remains.
- Drain the fat off of the pork.
- Remove the cooked pork to a second bowl and mix in the cornmeal.
- Shape the mixture into 12 patties, pressing them into rough circles with your hands.
- Pour enough cooking oil to coat the pan bottom into the skillet.
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Place the sausage patties into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
Cracker Barrel Commercial
- Once you prepare the breakfast sausage, you can use it to make copycat Cracker Barrel Biscuits and Gravy. Just crumble the sausage and mix it with 1/2 cup flour, 4 cups of whole milk, and seasoning to taste. Cook the mixture over low heat until thickened and serve it with a batch of Cracker Barrel biscuits.
- You can reduce the calories in this dish by substituting the ground pork with two pounds of ground turkey. Proceed with the rest of the recipe as described.
Also See: How to Make Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole, How to Make Cracker Barrel Biscuits, How to Make Cracker Barrel Chicken and Dumplings, How to Make Cracker Barrel Barbecue Pork, How to Make Cracker Barrel Multigrain Pancakes