From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake
Learning how to make this Cracker Barrel Coca-Cola Cake recipe allows you to enjoy this rich dessert at home any time instead of having to run out to the closest restaurant. As the name suggests, the chocolate cake includes Coca-Cola as a main ingredient. This dessert includes Coke in both the cake and the frosting.
Cracker Barrel Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake was first served in the Southern United States, close to Atlanta, Georgia, where Coca-Cola was invented. The dessert was originally a seasonal special, then became a regular menu item as part of Cracker Barrel's 40th anniversary. The cake is served warm with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.
|Creative Commons photo by Bob Brown|
|Offered by||Cracker Barrel|
|Customer service phone||800-333-9566|
|Main ingredients||Coca-Cola, flour, sugar, cocoa|
|Similar to||Double fudge chocolate cake|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 square baking chocolate, semi-sweet
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups Coca-Cola
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 13" x 9" baking pan. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 cup butter, one cup Coca-Cola, and baking chocolate in a medium saucepan, stirring frequently.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, remove from the heat.
- Stir in miniature marshmallows. Mix until smooth, then set aside to cool.
- Mix flour, 3/4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine shortening, oil, sugar, and two teaspoons vanilla in a separate large mixing bowl. Beat until fluffy.
- Stir eggs and buttermilk into the sugar-oil mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Combine half of the dry ingredients with the egg-sugar-oil mixture. Beat well.
- Add the Coke mixture to the batter, then mix in the remaining dry ingredients. Mix well, for about four minutes or until completely incorporated, to form a thick batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, one teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 cup of your remaining Coca-Cola, and chocolate syrup in a medium saucepan. Mix until smooth, then remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in the powdered sugar, scraping the sides of the bowl while mixing.
- Add the remaining Coca-Cola, one tablespoon at a time, if the frosting appears too dry.
- Spread the frosting over the cake. Slice and serve.
How to Make Cracker Barrel Coca Cola Cake Video
- The completed cake can be served alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Chopped pecans, walnuts or other nuts can be added to the icing mixture for an added crunch.
Also See: How to Make Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole, How to Make a Bloomin' Onion, How to Make Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits, How to Make Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles, How to Make Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 3 cups powdered sugar