From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cracker Barrel Cornbread Fritters
Cornbread fritters appear on the Cracker Barrel summer seasonal menu paired with Barbeque Pork and Steak Fries. Grilled to a golden crunch with warm cornmeal inside, these fritters are a seasonal favorite. But while the summer months seem fleeting, there’s no need to worry. Even if you don't dine at the restaurant regularly, you can use this Cracker Barrel Cornmeal Fritter recipe to make these tasty fritters any time of year.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Customer service phone||800-333-9566|
|Served as||Side dish|
|Main ingredients||Cornmeal, flour, buttermilk|
|Similar to||Fried cornbread|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cracker Barrel Cornbread Fritter Ingredients
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow corn meal
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
<p style="text-align:center"> Shop Over 750 New Items For Spring at SurLaTable.com!
Cracker Barrel Cornbread Fritter Recipe
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt until combined.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until the oil is hot, but not smoking.
- Pour approximately 2-4 tablespoons of batter into the skillet to make one fritter. Place up to 5 fritters in the skillet at the same time. Be careful not to crowd them.
- Cook the fritters for about 3 minutes, until they are golden brown, then flip them, continue to cook until the underside is brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove fritters from the skillet and transfer them to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat cooking process with the remaining batter.
Recipe from CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Quick and Easy Gluten-free Cornbread
- Buttermilk is easy to substitute if you do not have any on hand. Simply place 2 tablespoons of vinegar (either white or cider) or lemon juice in a measuring cup and fill with milk to the two-cup line. Allow this mixture to sit for 5 – 10 minutes before using in your recipe.
- To keep the fritters warm while you are making more, place them on a cookie sheet or shallow baking dish. Put them on the middle rack of your oven, preheated to 200 degrees.