From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cracker Barrel Multigrain Pancakes
Cracker Barrel is a country store and family restaurant that serves a homestyle breakfast all day long. Their multigrain pancakes are a hearty, healthy choice packed with lots of flavor and topped with 100% natural maple syrup.
While a leisurely breakfast at Cracker Barrel restaurant might be an option on the weekend, this Cracker Barrel Multigrain Pancake recipe will allow you to make these delicious pancakes any day of the week. To expedite preparation time in the morning, you can even mix the dry ingredients the night before. If you use old-fashioned rolled oats instead of quick oats, you can decrease morning prep time even more by soaking the oats in buttermilk overnight. Then, simply combine with the dry ingredients in the morning and heat up the griddle.
Start to finish: 30 minutes
|Customer service phone||800-333-9566|
|Served as||Breakfast entrée, dessert|
|Main ingredients||Rolled oats, flour, butter|
|Cooking method||Pan fried|
|Similar to||Oatmeal pancakes|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Cracker Barrel Multigrain Pancake Ingredients
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Syrup or other topping
Cracker Barrel Multigrain Pancake Recipe
- Soak oats in buttermilk for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the eggs and butter to the oat mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the oat mixture; stir to moisten.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Brush lightly with oil. 
- Place 1/3 cup of batter into heated pan.
- Cook until tiny bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes (2-3 minutes), then flip.
- Cook for an additional minute or two, until the bottom of the pancakes is golden brown.
- Repeat cooking process with the remainder of the pancake batter.
Who Makes the Best Pancakes?
- This recipe calls for buttermilk, which is also called sour milk. If you do not have buttermilk on hand, it is easy to substitute by placing one tablespoon of lemon juice, white vinegar, or cider vinegar into a measuring cup and fill with milk to the one-cup line. Allow this mixture to sit for 5 – 10 minutes before using in your recipe. Buttermilk is also available in powdered form. Depending on the manufacturer, it has a shelf life of 3 years to indefinitely.
- Cracker Barrel offers their multigrain pancakes with blueberries in the summertime when Maine blueberries are in season. Try adding fresh berries to your batter before cooking your pancakes. Substitute fruit syrups or compotes for maple syrup for an extra fruity flavor.
Also See: How to Make Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole, How to Make Cracker Barrel Biscuits, How to Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, How to Make Copycat Bisquick, How to Make IHOP Swedish Pancakes, How to Make IHOP Cheesecake Pancakes, How to Make IHOP Buttermilk Pancakes, How to Make IHOP Harvest Grain and Nut Pancakes, How to Make Shari's Caramel Apple Pancakes, How to Make IHOP Red Velvet Pancakes