From Copycat Recipe Guide
Cracker Barrel Southern Blackberry Cobbler
Cracker Barrel Southern Blackberry Cobbler is a featured dessert on the restaurant’s summer seasonal menu. Served with Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream and a blackberry syrup, this sweet treat is not to be missed.  A traditional American dessert, this Cracker Barrel Southern Blackberry Cobbler recipe is so simple, you may find yourself making it whenever you are expecting guests.
Start to finish: 1 hour
|Customer service phone||800-333-9566|
|Main ingredients||Blackberries, sugar, milk|
|Similar to||Fruit cobbler|
Cracker Barrel Southern Blackberry Cobbler Ingredients
- 2 ½ cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
Cracker Barrel Southern Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In medium bowl, combine the blackberries and sugar; let the berries stand about 15 minutes, until fruit syrup forms.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and milk.
- Add the melted butter until well-blended.
- Spread the batter into an ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Spread the blackberry mixture over batter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until dough rises and is golden.
- Serve while warm.
Recipe from CopyCatRecipeGuide's Food Editors
Pioneer-Style Fruit Cobblers
- Blackberry cobbler is a quick and easy summertime dessert. Cobbler can be made with a variety of fruits. Why not check out the fresh fruits available at your local farmer’s market and try them in a cobbler? Raspberries, strawberries, peaches, or a combination of fruits are especially delicious in a baked cobbler.
- Top your warm blackberry cobbler with fresh cream, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.
- To save a bit of time, try to make your blackberry cobbler with homemade Bisquick mix instead of flour. You can simply mix 1 cup of Copycat Bisquick with the milk in the recipe and then drop the dough in rounded spoonfuls over the sliced fruit to make the cobbler crust.