From Copycat Recipe Guide
Domino's Breadsticks are a wonderful addition to your family dinner table and are relatively simple to make. Unlike other recipes that require you to roll out and shape each individual breadstick, Domino's breadsticks are baked as a whole and then cut into strips. While you could place an order for breadsticks at your local Domino's restaurant, with a little advanced preparation, you can make your own breadsticks at home using our Dominos Breadstick recipe.
Start to finish: 1 1/2 hours (Active time: 45 minutes)
Serves: 16; serving size is 1 breadstick per person.
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Appetizer, Side Dish|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, water|
|Similar to||Pizza Hut Bread Sticks|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Domino's Breadsticks Ingredients
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 7 fluid ounces warm water
- 1 teaspoon rapid rise yeast
- 2 ¼ cups enriched flour
- 1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese
Domino's Breadsticks Recipe
Breadstick Dough Recipe
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine warm water with the yeast and sugar. Set the bowl aside until it begins to foam, or “bloom.” This should take 5 minutes or so.
- In a large bowl, mix the enriched flour, vital wheat gluten, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Add soybean oil to the mixture.
- Combine the dough ingredients by kneading it with your hands or using a dough hook in a standing electric mixer until smooth.
- Wrap the dough in plastic; chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes and up to 24 hours. (Chilled dough is easier to shape than dough that is room temperature.)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Sprinkle cornmeal onto your work surface to prevent the dough from sticking to it.
- Place the dough on your work surface and cut it into 2 pieces.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a rectangular shape, measuring approximately 8 x 10 inches.
- Place the dough on cookie sheets that has been lightly oiled. Allow the dough to “proof” on the cookie sheets for about 45 minutes.
- Brush the top and sides of the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and Romano cheese.
- Bake the breadsticks for approximately 10 - 15 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Place the dough on a cutting board and cut each rectangle into 1 ½ long strips.
- Serve immediately.
Domino's Pizza Coupons
- Bread dough is easier to handle when it is chilled. You can cut time in the kitchen by preparing your bread dough the day before and chilling it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it.
- Domino’s serves their breadsticks with a marinara dipping sauce. Purchase your favorite marinara sauce at the grocery store or make your own tomato marinara sauce.
- Domino’s breadsticks are the perfect accompaniment to soups and salads such as Olive Garden's Minestrone Soup and T.G.I. Friday's French Onion Soup.
- You can create delicious cheesy breadsticks by adding your favorite shredded cheese on top of the dough before placing it in the oven. Mozzarella, Asiago, and Cheddar cheeses add a nice flavor and texture to the breadsticks.