From Copycat Recipe Guide
Domino's Chicken Carbonara Bread Bowl Pasta
Domino’s pizza lovers may have noticed a new category on the menu, the Bread Bowl Pasta. In addition to the standard pizza and bread sticks, one can now order pasta from Domino’s restaurants. The unique feature is that the pasta comes served in a pizza crust bowl.
In this Domino’s Chicken Carbonara Bread Bowl Pasta recipe, penne pasta is combined with boneless chicken, bacon, sliced mushrooms, and yellow onions. The entire dish is tossed in a creamy sauce and baked in a pizza crust bread bowl. While it is possible to find Domino's Pizza coupons from time to time. This dish is so much fun, your family will be clamoring for you to make it again and again.
Start to finish: 2 hours (Active time: 1 hour)
|Flickr Error ( Invalid API Key (Key has expired) ): PhotoID 13551470275|
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Main entrée|
|Main ingredients||Penne pasta, chicken, bacon|
|Similar to||Pasta Carbonara with Chicken|
|Author||Julie Clark Pending|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Domino's Chicken Carbonara Bread Bowl Pasta Ingredients
Bread Bowl Ingredients
- Ingredients for Domino’s Bread Bowl
Chicken Carbonara Ingredients
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pint sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 tablespoons all-purpose flour (reserve 4 1/2 tablespoons for the alfredo sauce)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups half and half cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, for topping
Domino's Chicken Carbonara Bread Bowl Pasta Recipe
Domino's Bread Bowl Recipe
- Make the bread bowl according to the instructions on the Domino’s Bread Bowl recipe.
Chicken Carbonara Recipe
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and dredge them in flour.
- In a skillet on medium heat, heat 4 tablespoons of oil and add the floured chicken into the pan; brown for about 3 minutes per side. Lower the heat to medium-low heat and continue until the chicken is cooked through. Place chicken on a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Place the bacon in the skillet and cook it until it is crispy. Remove about 4 tablespoons of bacon, reserving it for the topping.
- Add the mushrooms and yellow onion to the skillet and cook until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms are soft.
- Turn the heat to low and return the chicken to the skillet. Toss with the bacon, mushrooms, and onion. Cook for a minute or two and then shut off the heat.
- In a saucepan, make a roux by melting butter in the saucepan. Add flour to the butter and stir continuously until the mixture becomes golden brown.
- Add crushed garlic to the roux and stir for 1 minute.
- Gradually pour the cream into the saucepan and whisk continuously until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, salt, and white pepper to the sauce; Stir until all ingredients are combined.
How to Assemble Domino's Chicken Carbonara Bread Bowl
- Place the bread bowls on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta with sautéed chicken and bacon mixture. Toss with 2 cups of sauce.
- Spoon approximately 1 ½ cups of the chicken carbonara into each bread bowl.
- Ladle an additional ¼ cup sauce on top of each bread bowl and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and reserved bacon bits.
- Place in the oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes, until the sauce is bubble and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- To expedite meal preparations, make your pizza dough the day before. It can remain chilled in the refrigerator for up to one day. Or, purchase prepared pizza dough, which can be found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store.
- Try using diced pancetta instead of bacon in your carbonara. Pancetta is an Italian bacon that is cured with salt and spices, but is not smoked. It has a slightly different flavor than American-style bacon.