From Copycat Recipe Guide
Domino's Cinna Stix
For pizza lovers with a sweet tooth, Domino's Cinna Stix are the perfect treat. Who can resist soft, warm pizza dough covered in a blend of cinnamon and sugar and dipped in icing? Cinna Stix appear on Domino's menu as a dessert or side item. If you find yourself craving this sweet snack, you could call your local Domino's restaurant and place an order. However, if Cinna Stix are all that you want, the order may be too small for delivery service. In that case, use our Domino's Cinna Stix recipe to make them at home.
Preparing the dough can be time consuming because you need to consider the time it takes for dough to rise. However, once you have make the dough, shaping and baking these Cinna Stix is simple. To make them like Domino's, bake them as a whole and then cut into strips.
Start to finish: 1 1/2 hours (Active time: 45 minutes)
Serves: 16; serving size is 1 Cinna Stix per person.
|Source: Steve Tolcher|
|Customer service phone||734-930-3030|
|Served as||Side Dish, Dessert|
|Main ingredients||Flour, yeast, water, cinnamon|
|Similar to||Pizza Hut Baked Cinnamon Sticks with Icing|
Do you love to cook? Sign up for our newsletter here and get subscriber-only recipes, kitchen hacks, and special offers
Domino's Cinna Stix Ingredients
Cinna Stix Dough Ingredients
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 7 fluid ounces warm water
- 1 teaspoon rapid rise yeast
- 2 ¼ cups enriched flour
- 1 tablespoons vital wheat gluten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soybean oil
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
Cinna Stix Topping Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons soybean oil
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Domino's Cinna Stix Recipe
Cinna Stix Dough Recipe
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar.
- Set the bowl aside for approximately 5 minutes until it begins to foam, or “bloom.”
- In a large bowl, mix the enriched flour, vital wheat gluten, and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, then add the soybean oil.
- Knead the dough with your hands or use a dough hook in a standing electric mixer until it is smooth.
- Wrap the dough in plastic.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes and up to 24 hours.
Cinna Stix Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Sprinkle cornmeal onto your work surface to prevent the dough from sticking to it.
- Place the dough on your work surface and cut it into 2 pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a rectangular shape that measures approximately 8 x 10 inches.
- Place the dough on cookie sheets that have been lightly oiled or sprayed with cooking spray. Let the dough sit, or “rise,” on the cookie sheets for about 45 minutes.
- When you are ready to bake, brush the top and sides of the dough with soybean oil and sprinkle liberally with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake the Cinna Stix for approximately 10 - 15 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Place the dough on a cutting board and cut each rectangle into 1 ½ long strips.
- Serve immediately.
Domino's Pizza Coupons
- Making Cinna Stix at home can be a great after-school treat for kids. Prepare the dough the night before or in the morning to decrease your time in the kitchen once the kids arrive home. Bread dough is simpler to work with when it is chilled. It will be easier to roll out and less likely to stick to your hands and rolling pin if it has spent a little time in the refrigerator.
- Domino’s serves its Cinna Stix with a sweet icing dipping sauce. Make your own sugary sauce by combining 3 cups of powdered sugar with 1 teaspoon of vanilla, 1 tablespoon of melted butter, and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add a little more or less milk to reach the desired consistency.
Also See: How to Make Panera Bread Cinnamon Raisin French Toast, How to Make Pizza Hut Chocolate Dipping Sauce, How to Make Pizza Hut Hershey's Chocolate Dunkers, How to Make Pizza Hut Baked Cinnamon Sticks with Icing, How to Make a Starbucks Frappuccino